IMB Term Deposit
- Interest rate 6 months interest rate
- Up to 2% p.a.
- Minimum opening deposit
- Account keeping fee
These fixed interest rates are for deposits between $1,000 and $4,999.99. You can choose a term length from 1 month to 5 years, and also choose how often you'd like to receive your interest payments.
Terms from 1 month to 5 years
Small opening deposit of $1000
Choose when to receive interest
Lower rates than others in the market
|Product Name||IMB Term Deposit|
|3 month interest rate||1.25%|
|4 month interest rate||1.25%|
|6 month interest rate||2.00%|
|7 month interest rate||2.00%|
|9 month interest rate||2.00%|
|12 month interest rate||2.00%|
|24 month interest rate||2.00%|
|36 month interest rate||2.00%|
|48 month interest rate||2.00%|
|60 month interest rate||2.00%|
|Minimum Opening Deposit||$1,000|
|Minimum age requirement||18|
|Minimum Age Requirement||18|
|Joint account availability||Yes|
|Available to children||Not available for children|
No monthly fees
You won't be charged any monthly fees.
$1,000 minimum deposit amount
You must have at least $1,000 available to invest into a term deposit account. The rates above are for deposits between $1,000 and $4,999.99. If you've got more to invest, higher interest rates are available.
Tiered interest rates
The interest rates for the IMB Term Deposit are fixed and tiered to grow in value with higher deposits and longer terms.
Interest payment options
You can choose how often the interest payments are made. The highest rates are offered for term deposits where you choose one payment at maturity, but you can also choose to receive your payments every six months, every year, fortnightly, or every 28 days. Payments that are made with more frequency will lose a portion of the interest rate, and in some instances will require a higher minimum deposit.
Choose how you receive interest payments
Your interest payments will be given to you either by cheque or transferred into your IMB transaction or savings account. Only when you have chosen to receive your interest at maturity will it be directly credited to your term deposit balance.
Terms from one month to five years
You can invest your money for as little or as long as you like, with terms from one month to five years available.
Early withdrawal option
IMB will allow you to withdraw your money before the end of your chosen terms, but this will result in an interest rate reduction.
Term deposit maturity
You have seven days after maturity to let IMB know if you intend to withdraw the money or reinvest. If you don't provide any instruction, your money will automatically be re-invested into a new term account. The interest rate for this new account may be different than what you were earning prior.
How to applyIn order to be able to open an IMB Term Deposit through the bank's website, you must have another deposit account with IMB that is not a term deposit or one with restrictions on withdrawals. Other applicants will need to visit a branch or fill out an online enquiry form in order to open a term deposit with IMB.
Although IMB is a customer owned financial institution, you do not need to fill out an additional application in order to become a member. By applying for any account with them, you are automatically becoming a member.
- Minimum age. While IMB does not specifically have a minimum age requirement for a term deposit holder, you will want to check with the institution before applying if you are under the age of 18.
- Residency requirements. As of now, membership is restricted to Australian residents living in Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, and The Australian Capital Territory.
- Depository requirements. You will need to deposit at least $1,000 when opening the account. If you are choosing interest payments with more frequency the minimum deposit requirement may change.
- Tax file number. Your tax file number (TFN) or TFN exemption code is used to ensure that your interest earning withholding tax is at the correct rate.
- Identification. A valid driver's licence or passport will be required in order for IMB to verify your identity.
What happens after I submit my application?
Upon opening your account, IMB will contact you with its details and information on how to access your term deposit online. It is important to remember that there are no transactions into or out of this term deposit once it has been established, unless you request an early withdrawal at your local branch.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked