I’m Dying Up Here is getting a second season and it’s coming exclusively to Stan
The dramatic take on stand-up comedy will be back next year.
Stan has announced today that the Jim Carrey-produced drama series I'm Dying Up Here will be entering production of its second season this year, and like its first season, the show will be streamed exclusively on Stan in Australia.
Delving into the L.A. comedy scene in the 1970s, I'm Dying Up Here explores the challenges of being a stand-up comedian, focusing on the psychological toll of getting up on stage before total strangers and risking their jeers night after night. The first season starred the likes of Melissa Leo (The Fighter), Clarke Duke (Hot Tub Time Machine) and Al Madrigal (The Daily Show), and they'll all be returning for the ten-episode second season scheduled to air on Stan in 2018.
In other streaming news, Stan also recently announced the release date for the upcoming sci-fi series Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams, and Netflix showed off its own stand-up comedy show starring Jerry Seinfeld.
- 15 of the best crime shows for streaming sleuths to unravel
- Gem Finder: You’re the Worst doesn’t sugarcoat romance
- Every confirmed Disney+ TV show and what we’d like to see
- 5 superb kids TV shows on Netflix to share with the family (and 5 to avoid)
- The most chilling horror movies streaming on Netflix Australia