HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB review
The HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB combines a sleek look, deep customisation and supreme comfort into one surprisingly affordable package.
- Has a satisfying weight to it that helps with precision aiming.
- Sleek and sturdy design looks great on any desk.
- Supports plenty of customisation including right- and left-handed operating modes.
- 16,000 DPI setting is ideal for professional gamers.
- Only two extra buttons – sorry MMO fans.
- Not the cheapest gaming mouse around.
HyperX is on quite the roll lately. After launching the excellent Alloy Elite RGB mechanical keyboard earlier this year, HyperX has given its Pulsefire mouse a similar upgrade in the form of the HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB. Adding in customisable RGB lighting, macro key-binding and support for five times the DPI of the original Pulsefire, the Surge is not only HyperX's best mouse by a long shot, it's up there with the best gaming mice available at the $100 price tier.
- Sleek and subdued design is a nice reprieve from more extravagant gaming mice
- Braided USB cable is sturdy and tangle-resistant
- Plenty of sensitivity options with support for up to 16,000 DPI
- Solid enough to handle heavy use
- On-the-fly DPI adjustment with support for three profiles
- 360-degree light ring with full RGB customisation
- Supports left- and right-handed operation
Comfortable, responsive and tremendously customisable, the HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB is a brilliant mouse that more than justifies its premium pricing. Whether it's dialling in long-range headshots, making tiny adjustments to your latest digital art piece or simply clicking through your day's work, the Surge ensures every microscopic movement is smooth and precise. If you're looking to up your mouse game, HyperX's latest should be first on your list.
Pricing and availability
The HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB is available for a retail price of $109.
HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse
Enjoy full 360-degree RGB lighting and support for up to 16,000 DPI with the HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB gaming mouse.