HyperX Pulsefire Core review: Entry-level excellence
The HyperX Pulsefire Core is an impressive entry-level gaming mouse that delivers high-end performance and features at an affordable price.
- Accurate and responsive
- Light and comfortable ambidextrous design
- Affordable price
- Only supports up to 6,200 DPI
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
There's no shortage of high-quality gaming mice on the market these days. From the meaty Logitech G502 HERO to the sleek HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB, getting a reliable, responsive and feature-packed mouse is relatively easy – provided you can afford the hefty price tags such mice command.
But what about gamers on a budget? Or non-gamers who want a premium mouse but don't want to spend a small fortune? That's where the HyperX Pulsefire Core comes in. Priced at a reasonable $69, it's an excellent entry-level wired gaming mouse that offers all the key features you'd expect from a high-end device while making a few smart compromises to remain affordable.
- Symmetrical design suitable for left- and right-handed people
- Textured sides afford extra grip in intense gaming sessions
- Seven programmable buttons provide plenty of customisation options
- 6,200 DPI is lower than a lot of gaming mice support
- Buttons are firm and responsive
- Seven programmable buttons allow for ample customisation
- On-the-fly DPI switching with support for five profiles
- Customisable RGB lighting illuminating the HyperX logo
PC hardware rarely comes cheap, but HyperX has managed to strike a compelling balance between price and quality with the Pulsefire Core. It delivers the precision and customisation of a high-end gaming mouse in a sleek and durable package, all for roughly half the price of many of its premium rivals. While you're not getting quite as many extra buttons and the optical sensor isn't as sensitive as those on some flagship mice, you are getting an excellent entry-level gaming mouse that punches far above its price point.
Pricing and availability
The HyperX Pulsefire Core retails for $69 and is available online from Amazon as well as from computer retailers like PLE and Scorptec.
HyperX Pulsefire Core Gaming Mouse
HyperX's entry-level Pulsefire Core gaming mouse offers high-end features and excellent performance at an affordable price point.