HyperX Cloud Flight S review
- Impeccable surround sound audio quality
- Hardy yet comfortable construction
- Good battery life
- Supports Qi wireless charging
- Audio quality on PS4 is only decent
- Prone to the occasional wireless disconnect
- Not particularly cheap
There's no shortage of surround sound gaming headsets to choose from these days, and the differences between them can be dramatic. Most take the virtual surround sound approach rather than cramming five or more individual speakers into their earcups, relying instead on software-based algorithms that can vary wildly from headset to headset.
It's these algorithms that elevate the HyperX Cloud Flight S above the competition. When activated, its surround sound implementation is among the best I've experienced, delivering big, booming audio with clear positioning in 360-degree space. Any PC gamer looking for a high-quality surround sound solution will find a lot to like in the Cloud Flight S.
- Sleek and subdued design suits both work and play
- Durable frame feels appropriately premium
- Memory foam ear cushions keep long gaming sessions comfortable
- 7.1 surround sound is big and boisterous
- Sublime audio quality in-game and out
- Solid 30-hour battery life
- Volume wheel is firm and precise
- Customisable on-earcup controls are neat
- HyperX Ngenuity app is light on features but does the job
- A fantastic 7.1 surround sound headset for PC gamers
- Premium quality does come at a premium price, though
Should you buy it?
I can safely say that the HyperX Cloud Flight S is one of the best-sounding 7.1 headsets I've tested. With surround sound active and the volume pumped, everything sounds bigger and beefier, all at no perceptible cost to audio clarity.
If you're after a top-tier surround sound gaming headset, the HyperX Cloud Flight S is good enough to justify its admittedly hefty price tag.
Pricing and availability
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked