Enjoy competitive interest rates and fees with the Hunter United Visa credit card.
This low-cost credit card features an ongoing variable purchase rate of 11.99% p.a., a competitive annual fee of $59 and up to 55 days interest-free on purchases. It can also be used around the world wherever Visa is accepted and offers contactless payments via Visa payWave.
|Product Name||Hunter United Visa Credit Card|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||11.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$59 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||16.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|2.5% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$59 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% of the outstanding balance or $5 (whichever is greater)|
|Late Payment Fee||$10|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
Hunter United Visa credit card benefits and features
Some of the popular features on this credit card include:
- Low purchase rate. This credit card has an ongoing variable interest rate of 11.99% p.a. for purchases.
- 55 days interest-free period. If you pay your closing balance in full by the due date on each statement, you can enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- Contactless payments. You can "tap-and-go" at the checkout for payments under $100 if your Hunter United Visa credit card is payWave enabled.
- Visa benefits. This card gives you access to exclusive ticket and lifestyle offers through Visa Entertainment and covers you against fraudulent transactions with Visa's Zero Liability Policy.
- Charity and community benefits. Hunter United invests profits back into the community, with programs including the Hunter Breast Cancer Foundation.
- Hunter United home loan benefits. If you have a home loan with Hunter United, you can enjoy lower standard variable interest rates with a Hunter credit card.
Rates and fees of the Hunter Visa credit card
- Annual fee. This card has a standard annual fee of $30,000. This fee is first charged on the 25th day of the month you activate your card, then annually after that.
- Cash advance rate. The Hunter United Visa has a variable cash advance rate of 16.99% p.a.
- Balance transfer interest rate. If you transfer an eligible debt to the Hunter United Visa, an interest rate of 11.99% p.a. (variable) will apply to the balance.
- Credit limits. This card offers credit limits of between $1,000 and $30,000, subject to lending criteria and approval.
- Currency conversion. A fee worth 2.5% of the Australia Dollar cost will apply for each transaction made overseas or in a foreign currency.
How to apply for the Hunter United Visa credit card
You can apply for the Hunter United Visa credit card online in a few minutes. Before you do that, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all the supporting documents and details on hand.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia.
- Minimum income. You must earn at least $25,000 (after tax). Note, a reduced income requirement is available for retirees.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and contact number. You'll also need a valid form of identification, such as your driver's licence number and its expiry date
- Employment details. This includes your job position and salary, as well as your employer's name and contact details.
- Financial information. As well as your salary, you need to provide information about any other assets and debts, such as investments, savings accounts or existing cards and loans. You'll also need to provide details of your regular household expenses such as rent and bills.
The Hunter United Visa is a low-cost credit card that offers exclusive benefits for existing home loan customers. Remember to compare this card to a range of others so you can find one that's right for you.