Hunter Visa Credit Card
Enjoy competitive interest rates and fees with the Hunter United Visa credit card.
The Hunter United Visa credit card is no longer available for new applications, following a merger with IMB in May 2020. Hunter United members can continue to access their accounts and use products during the merging process, which is expected to be complete in late 2020 or early 2021. We have kept this review for the reference of existing Hunter United Visa credit card customers.
Balance transfer rate
Interest free period
|Product Name||Hunter United Visa Credit Card - DISCONTINUED|
|Balance transfer rate p.a.||11.99%|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (16.99% p.a.)|
|Purchase rate p.a.||11.99%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||16.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Max credit limit||$30,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2.5%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- A low interest rate of 11.99% p.a. on purchases
- This is a classic 'no-frills' credit card with no additional features, perks or rewards.
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $5, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$10|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2.5%|
Hunter United Visa credit card benefits and features
Some of the popular features on this credit card include:
- Low purchase rate. This credit card has an ongoing variable interest rate of 11.99% p.a. on purchases.
- Up to 55 days interest-free period. If you pay your closing balance in full by the due date on each statement, you can enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- Contactless payments. You can "tap-and-go" at the checkout for payments under $100 if your Hunter United Visa credit card is payWave enabled.
- Visa benefits. This card gives you access to exclusive ticket and lifestyle offers through Visa Entertainment and covers you against fraudulent transactions with Visa's Zero Liability Policy.
- Charity and community benefits. Hunter United invests profits back into the community, with programs including the Hunter Breast Cancer Foundation.
- Hunter United home loan benefits. If you have a home loan with Hunter United, you can enjoy lower standard variable interest rates with a Hunter credit card.
Rates and fees of the Hunter Visa credit card
- Annual fee. This card has a standard annual fee of $59. This fee is first charged on the 25th day of the month you activate your card, then annually after that.
- Cash advance rate. The Hunter United Visa has a variable cash advance rate of 16.99% p.a.
- Balance transfer interest rate. If you transfer an eligible debt to the Hunter United Visa, an interest rate of 11.99% (variable) will apply to the balance.
- Credit limits. This card offers credit limits of between $1,000 and $30,000, subject to lending criteria and approval.
- Currency conversion. A fee worth 2.5% of the Australia Dollar cost will apply for each transaction made overseas or in a foreign currency.
How to apply for the Hunter United Visa credit card
You can apply for the Hunter United Visa credit card online in a few minutes. Before you do that, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all the supporting documents and details on hand.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia.
- Minimum income. You must earn at least $25,000 (after tax). Note, a reduced income requirement is available for retirees.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and contact number. You'll also need a valid form of identification, such as your driver's licence number and its expiry date
- Employment details. This includes your job position and salary, as well as your employer's name and contact details.
- Financial information. As well as your salary, you need to provide information about any other assets and debts, such as investments, savings accounts or existing cards and loans. You'll also need to provide details of your regular household expenses such as rent and bills.
The Hunter United Visa is a low-cost credit card that offers exclusive benefits for existing home loan customers. Remember to compare this card to a range of others so you can find one that's right for you.