Up to 23% off flying experiences plus an extra $5 off with code
Hunter Valley scenic flights: A guide to where, when and the best deals
A quick and easy guide to flying in and out of the Hunter Valley.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The Hunter Valley is a major wine region in New South Wales, boasting spectacular vineyards and serene landscapes. See it all from above with these unique flying experiences ranging from joy flights to scenic helicopter journeys and hot air balloon rides.
Hunter Valley flight deals
Where do scenic flights in the Hunter Valley depart?
All experiences listed here depart from Cessnock Airport or the Hunter Valley Airport.
Our top picks for hot air balloon flights in the Hunter Valley
Best for value: Midweek hot air ballooning over the Hunter Valley from Adrenaline
- $199 per adult and $179 per child
- Midweek sunrise hot air balloon flight
- One-hour flight over the Hunter Valley region
- Access to digital photos from flight
Best for views: Sunrise hot air ballooning over the Hunter Valley from RedBalloon
- One-hour sunrise hot air ballooning flight
- Views overlooking Hunter Valley vineyards
- Experienced pilot with expert local knowledge
- Photo opportunities
- À la carte breakfast with a glass of wine at local winery
Our top picks for scenic helicopter flights in the Hunter Valley
Best for price: Best of the Hunter Valley scenic flight from Adrenaline
- $350 for two people
- Take in views of the Hunter Valley Vineyards and Brokenback Mountains
- 12-minute ride
- Commentary from pilot throughout the flight
Best for views: Hunter Valley scenic flight with gourmet breakfast from RedBalloon
- 15-minute scenic flight over the Hunter Valley
- Gourmet breakfast accompanied with sparkling wine for two at Peterson House or Enzo
- Picturesque views and photo opportunities
Our top picks for joy flights in the Hunter Valley
Best for experience length: Aerobatic war bird formation and dogfighting flight from RedBalloon
- 30-minute aerobatic flight
- Experience manoeuvres including loops, turns and rolls
- Experienced, ex-military pilot
Best for value: Matt Hall Racing - The Ride of Your Life from RedBalloon
- 10-minute extreme air racing
- Aerobatic manoeuvres including G turns, rolls, spins, half Cubans and upside down
Best for views: Tiger Moth scenic flight from Adrenaline
- Ride in a two seater aircraft with an open cockpit
- Enjoy unobstructed panoramic views
- Opportunity to get pictures with the aircraft
- Get suited up in authentic flying gear
- Fly over the Hunter Valley Gardens, The Vintage Golf Course, the Brokenback mountain ranges and the Upper Hunter Valley
Flights in the Hunter Valley compared: Price and duration
|Experience name||Booking company||Price||Duration||Extras/inclusions available|
|Midweek hot air ballooning over the Hunter Valley||Adrenaline||$179+||Minimum 1 hour|
|Sunrise hot air ballooning over the Hunter Valley||RedBalloon||$538 for two people||Minimum 1 hour|
|Best of the Hunter Valley scenic flight||Adrenaline||$350 for two people||Minimum 12 minutes|
|Hunter Valley scenic flight and gourmet breakfast||RedBalloon||$550 for two people||Minimum 15 minutes|
|Aerobatic war bird formation and dog fighting flight||RedBalloon||$499||Minimum 30 minutes|
|Matt Hall Racing - The Ride of Your Life||RedBalloon||$429||Minimum 10 minutes|
|Tiger Moth scenic flight||Adrenaline||$799||Minimum 60 minutes|
More guides on Finder
Canberra road trip itineraries
You’ll have the car packed up in no time with these Canberra road trip must-sees.
The 12 best Black Friday 2020 travel sales you need to get your hands on
Black Friday is officially here and these are the travel deals you won't want to miss.
9 Northern Territory road trip itineraries for epic outback adventures
Hit the open outback road and explore some of the NT's most scenic national parks, waterfalls and hot springs.
8 romantic getaways in the Hunter Valley
From award-winning chateaus and luxury farm stays to secluded retreats, these romantic getaways in the Hunter Valley will have you swooning.
8 romantic getaways in South Australia
Indulge in spa baths, private courtyards, wide decks overlooking farmland and outdoor mineral pools at these romantic getaways throughout South Australia.
Best places to visit in the Northern Territory in 2021
Unique cultural experiences and picturesque natural wonders await in these six destinations. Plus, our top picks on the territory's best camp sites.
Where can you go in New South Wales in September 2021? | NSW travel restrictions explained
As the state introduces restrictions due to COVID-19, here's where you can go now, what you can do and what to keep in mind.
Best places to visit in South Australia
Discover tourist hotspots like Adelaide and Kangaroo Valley and best kept secrets such as the Yorke Peninsula and Mount Gambier on your next trip around South Australia.
Where to go in Adelaide
Venture through Adelaide’s city streets and beyond with this guide to help you find exactly what you’re looking for in and around this must-visit city.
Best places to visit in New South Wales
From tropical, offshore islands to scintillating wine regions, we've rounded up the best places to visit around the state .
Ask an Expert