Hume Value Visa Credit Card
Cut credit card costs with no annual fee and a low 11.95% p.a. interest rate on purchases.
The Hume Value Visa credit card is a convenient and low cost line of credit. You’ll pay no annual fee for life and can save with a competitive purchase interest rate plus up to 55 interest-free days on purchases. You can also request additional cardholders for no extra fee and shop online safely with Verified by Visa.
Interest free period
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
|Product Name||Hume Value Visa|
|Purchase rate||11.95% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||19.95% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Max credit limit||$20,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2.85%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- $0 annual fee
- Low purchase rate of 11.95% p.a.
- Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases
- Charges a 2.85% foreign transaction fee
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$20|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2.85%|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder, co-hosts our Pocket Money podcast and wrote about credit cards for almost five years. Her byline can be spotted on Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. She has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
The Hume Value Visa credit card is one of the few products that couples $0 annual fee with a low purchase interest rate. There are some cards that boast even lower interest rates, but these cards usually charge an annual fee. You can apply for a credit limit of up to $20,000, which is modest compared to some cards but on par with other low cost products.
How to apply
You can apply for the Hume Value Visa online in 15 minutes. Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the necessary information to complete the application.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, current address, number of financial dependents, a driver's licence number and a contact number. You'll also be asked to provide proof of identification.
- Employment detail. Your current employment status and details of your employment.
- Expenses and assets. You'll be asked to confirm your annual income, monthly expenses, current credit cards and asset details.
- Self-employed applicants. If you're self-employed, you'll need to include the last two years of tax returns.
- Customer number. This is located on your statement if you're a current Hume customer.
- No annual fee. This card has a $0 annual fee for life.
- Low purchase interest rate. Your purchases will attract a low purchase interest rate of 11.95% p.a.
Rates & fees
- Available credit limits. You can request a credit limit starting from $500 and up to $20,000. The credit limit you're approved for will depend on your credit history and financial situation.
- Interest-free days. You can take advantage of up to 55 interest-free days on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the statement due date.
- Cash advances. If you use this card to make a cash advance (such as an ATM withdrawal), you'll attract the 19.95% p.a. cash advance interest rate.
- Foreign transaction fee. If you use this card to make a purchase in a foreign currency online or overseas, you'll be charged the 2.85% foreign currency conversion fee.
- Verified by Visa. This feature provides an additional layer of protection when shopping online and at designated participating merchants.
- Balance transfers. Customers can use this card to make balance transfers. To transfer an existing card balance, complete a request form when you apply for the card.