Important InformationThe Hume Visa Gold Card is no longer be available for new applications as this credit card is no longer available to new customers. The credit card cannot be applied for, however, the information on this page has been kept for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested. If you would like to compare the current range of Hume Bank credit cards: click here.
Earn cash rewards and manage your spending with up to 55 interest-free days on purchases
The Hume Visa Gold Card comes linked to a loyalty scheme that lets you earn loyalty points in accordance to how much you spend on purchases using this card. Cardholders get a number of complimentary insurance covers, they can use this card for balance transfers, and they can get up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
Hume Visa Gold Card Review
If you’re looking forward to using your new credit card a fair bit and want to earn rewards for your spending, you can consider applying for the Hume Visa Gold Card. What's more is that your loyalty points convert into cash rewards. This card protects your purchases through complimentary insurance covers, and cardholders receive complimentary travel insurance covers as well. Use this card in the right manner, and you can get as many as 55 interest-free days on purchases.Back to top
Benefits of Hume Visa Gold Card
The Hume Visa Hold Card comes with free membership to the Hume Loyalty scheme. You earn loyalty point for every dollar you spend on eligible purchases, with 400 loyalty points converting to one Australian dollar. Every six months, the cash rewards transfer to your credit card account or a nominated Hume savings account, and you can use these rewards as you would regular cash.
Complimentary insurance covers
Cardholders’ purchases receive protection through complimentary purchase security insurance and extended warranty insurance. Cardholders also get free transport accident insurance and overseas travel insurance.
If you have existing credit cards that charge high interest rates, or if you just want the convenience of using a single credit card, you can transfer existing credit card balances to this card. Transferred balances cannot exceed your card’s available credit limit.
You can use this Visa credit card in more than 200 countries, to make purchases at EFTPOS terminals, and to withdraw money from ATMs. All you have to do is look for the Visa logo. This card is payWave enabled, so you can make contactless payments for purchases under $100 and Visa Entertainment gives you access to a range of special offers.
Hume Visa Gold Card Features
- Annual fee - This card attracts an annual fee of $60. The annual fee will be waived if the previous year's annual card spend exceeds $12,000.
- Cash rewards - Unlike many other rewards programs that limit how you can redeem your reward points, the Hume Loyalty scheme converts your accumulated loyalty points into cash rewards, which you can use in any way.
- Interest-free days - Pay your account’s closing balance in full every month, and you can get as many as 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- Complimentary insurances - This card offers free insurance covers that protect cardholders when they book travel tickets as well as make purchases using their card.
- Additional cards - You can get a free additional card for anyone aged over 16 years, who is either an existing Hume customer or can provide required ID.
- Credit limit - The minimum credit limit of the Hume Gold Visa Card is $7,500, and its maximum limit is $50,000. The limit assigned to you depends on your existing financial situation and your ability to make repayments.
- Card security - The microchip in this card provides protection each time you use it to make a purchase, and when you use it to make online transactions, ‘Verified by Visa’ works as a secondary line of defence.
How to apply for the Hume Visa Gold Card
You can visit any Hume branch to apply for this credit card and you can begin the process over the phone. You have the option of downloading an application from the Hume website and you can mail it or drop it at a branch once it is complete. You can also submit an online application.
Bear in mind you have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You’re at least 18 years old
- You’re a permanent Australian resident
- You don’t have bad credit history
The application requires that you provide a variety of information, so keep the following close at hand:
- Your Australian driver’s license, if you have one
- Name, phone number, and address of your employer
- Name and phone number of your accountant (if you’re self-employed)
- Details about your income, expenses, assets, and liabilities
- Your Hume customer number, if you’re an existing customer
If you’re not an existing Hume Bank customer, you’ll have to provide required ID, and this would require a visit to a Hume branch.
The Hume Visa Gold Card, with its cash rewards scheme, does make it worthy of your consideration, but since there are other cards that offer cash rewards, comparing a few before applying is a good idea.Back to top