Huddle Comprehensive Car Insurance
Huddle keeps your drive carbon-neutral
Do you want comprehensive car insurance that’s good for you and the environment? Huddle could be right for you!
Huddle transforms your driving so it’s 100% carbon neutral. And as if that wasn’t enough – their surplus profits go to help communities in need and fund carbon-reduction projects.
Ready to compare insurance policies?
What we like about this policy
- Instant claims. Claims you make and lodge online can be approved in under a minute.
- Carbon offset. Every policy includes carbon credits that offset your car’s emissions, making your drive carbon-neutral.
- Huddle for the planet. Huddle’s surplus funds go to charities and good causes all across the globe, from the Red Cross to the World Wildlife Fund.
- Drive Less, Pay Less option. Huddle gets that if you don’t drive much, you shouldn’t pay as much. If you drive around 10,000km/year, you could save about 20% on your comprehensive cover.
- No cancellation fees. No extra charge applies for cancelling your policy or paying monthly.
What am I covered for?
- Cover for accidental loss or damage. Huddle comprehensive car insurance will cover the value of your car if it is lost or damaged by collision, theft, malicious act, fire or other natural events. This includes towing cover and up to $500 of essential repairs to get you to your destination.
- Hire car after theft. If your car is stolen, Huddle will cover the cost of a hire car for up to 14 days.
- New car replacement. If you write off your car within 24 months of its original registration as the result of theft or damage, Huddle will replace it with a similar new vehicle.
- Transit cover. If your car is damaged or lost while being transported by road, rail, ship or air, Huddle will cover the cost of the damages.
- Cover for your trailer. If your trailer or caravan is lost or damaged while attached to your car, Huddle will provide up to $1,000 of cover.
- Personal effects cover. In the event of an incident, Huddle will provide up to $500 for the cost of lost or damaged personal items meant to be worn or carried. This excludes electronic devices, cash and credit cards, or anything in a trailer.
- Cover for child safety seats and pram. Huddle will cover up to $500 of the cost of replacing damaged or stolen child seats and prams in the car.
- Emergency travel and accommodation expenses. If you end up stranded more than 200 kilometres from home, Huddle will provide up to $500 for accomodation or travel.
- Lock and key cover. In the case of reported theft, Huddle will provide up to $1,000 for replacing and recoding your car’s locks and keys.
- $20 million legal liability cover. Huddle provides up to $20 million of cover for any legal liability arising from your use of the car. This liability extends to substitute cars provided by Huddle.
What additional options should I consider?
- Fixed Kilometre Plan. If you know roughly how far you intend to travel while under this policy, you can purchase cover for a fixed kilometre range. This lowers your premiums for the agreed-upon distance.
- Hire car for theft or damage. If your car is damaged or stolen, Huddle will provide a hire car up to the maximum number of days agreed in your policy.
- Excess-free windscreen cover. If your windscreen is broken or damaged, Huddle will cover the cost of replacing it without charging excess.
Are there any exclusions I should be aware of?
Huddle will not pay your comprehensive car insurance claim if your car is:
- Being driven by anyone specifically included from cover
- Being driven by someone under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Being driven while not roadworthy or in safe condition, or while overloaded
- Being driven on a motor circuit or in a motor sport
- Being driven by a learner driver not accompanied by a full licence driver
- Being used to move dangerous goods or substances
- Being used to carry passengers or other goods for a fee
- Being used in connection with the motor trade (other than repairing or servicing)
- Being used for unlawful activity
- Damaged by using the wrong type of fuel
- Tyre damage caused by braking, punctures, cuts or bursts
- Damaged by pre-existing damage, faulty workmanship or incomplete repairs before the claimed loss
- Damaged by cleaning, modifying, repairing or restoring
- Damaged by wear and tear, rust or corrosion
- Damaged by mechanical, electrical or computer breakdowns, or where a component fails to perform
- Damaged or modified willfully by you or someone you have given permission to
No cover applies for consequential loss of any kind.
Why comprehensive cover?
Comprehensive cover gives you all the benefits of basic cover and more, with access to the Drive Less, Pay Less premium-saving option and a new car replacement in the event of damage or loss to a recently purchased vehicle.
Other things to know about Huddle’s comprehensive policy
- The underwriter. Huddle comprehensive car insurance is issued by The Hollard Insurance Company Pty. Ltd.
- Excess. A basic excess applies to every claim made under your policy. Additional excesses apply to under 25s, undeclared drivers or those who haven’t held their driver’s licence for over 2 years.
- Adjustable excess. You can nominate to raise your excess to reduce your premium.
- 14-day cooling-off period. Huddle’s comprehensive car insurance features a 14-day cooling-off period. If you cancel your policy within 14 days of taking it out, you receive a full refund on any premiums paid.
- 24/7 emergency help. If you ever suffer an accident, Huddle will provide assistance 24 hours a day, seven days a week, either online or over the phone.
Ask an Expert