Huawei also has a super-expensive Porsche Design Mate 20
The Porsche Design Huawei Mate 20 RS features a glass and metal back, but it won't be cheap.
At its launch event for the Huawei Mate 20 and Huawei Mate 20 Pro, Huawei unveiled its latest collaboration with Porsche Design, the Porsche Design Huawei Mate 20 RS.
Like the Huawei Mate 20 and Huawei Mate 20 Pro, it features the Kirin 980 processor, but it's got a boost in RAM and storage, with 256GB and 512GB variants. It'll feature a leather and glass back to make it stand out from the already impressive Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
It's not yet clear if we'll see that phone in the Australian market. If we do, it certainly won't be cheap, given that previous Porsche Design variants have only landed in Australia in limited numbers and at very high prices.
Pricing at the launch was listed at up to €2,095, around $3,400 at current conversion rates. It'll come in red and black finishes, although the red variant will be an exclusive for the Chinese market only.
For more coverage of the Huawei Mate 20 launch, check out our dedicated Huawei launch news hub here.
Alex Kidman travelled to London as a guest of Huawei
- Samsung Galaxy S22: What we know so far
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G review: Too pricey for what it is
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE: Best prices + plans from Telstra, Optus and Vodafone
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G: Australian price, specs and release date
- TCL 20 R 5G review: Hits the sweet spot of price and performance