Huawei teases P10 for Mobile World Congress
Huawei's dual lens P10 will launch in Barcelona on 26 February.
Huawei has only just released the generally excellent Huawei Mate 9 in Australia and it’s showing no signs of slowing down on the premium phone release front. The company had already flagged that it will launch devices at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2017, with many tipping the Huawei P10, a successor to last year’s Huawei P9, as the most likely launch candidate.
Huawei has pushed a teaser video to YouTube entitled #Huawei P10 is coming!, making it rather more explicit. Really subtle there, Huawei.
The big selling point for the Huawei P9 was the inclusion of a dual lens array at the rear, codeveloped and branded with premium camera manufacturer Leica and later developed on the Mate 9. The P10’s teaser video seems to suggest that Huawei may be shifting the dual lens array around to the front of the phone for sharper selfie action. If the P10 follows the P9's pricing and specifications, we can expect it to sit in the mid-range price space, which could make it a good match for those looking for a decent phone contract with low or no handset repayments.
We'll be reporting live from Huawei's MWC 2017 launch with all the news on the Huawei P10.
- Huawei P20 Pro Review: It’s all about that camera
- This week’s bargain phones: Save on iPhone X, Galaxy S9+ or Google Pixel 2XL
- The Huawei P20 and P20 Pro are now available in Australia
- OnePlus 6 is OnePlus’ most expensive phone yet
- This week’s bargain phones: Score a bargain deal on iPhone 8 Plus, Galaxy S9 or Huawei P20 Pro