Huawei’s P10 proves that you can deliver a premium phone experience for well under $1,000.
- Superb camera
- Good performance
- Clever fingerprint sensor
- Competitive pricing
- Limited colour choices for Australia
- No water-resistance rating
- Only a full HD display
Huawei has priced the P10 to sell, but that doesn’t mean it has skimped on either features or style.
Huawei’s 2016 P9 handset was something of a surprise to the mobile market because while it combined a dash of premium style with lenses co-developed by Leica, the Chinese company didn’t charge you a fortune if you wanted to own it.
Huawei followed up the P9 with the much larger Huawei Mate 9 before launching the Huawei P10 at 2017's Mobile World Congress, alongside the P10 Plus and Huawei Watch 2. It’s a slightly more expensive prospect than the P9 was, with more of a focus on style but Huawei has largely made improvements in the P10 that make it a very compelling handset.
- A refreshingly-compact design that doesn't compromise on quality
- Takes a lot of inspiration from Samsung and Apple, but that's a good thing
- Improves on the already impressive camera of the Huawei P9
- Best suited to portrait photography rather than landscape shots
- Snappy and responsive, with similar performance to 2017's most powerful premium smartphones
- Huawei's memory management tools promise consistent performance over the long term
- Surprisingly long-lasting for a 3,200mAh battery in such a powerful smartphone
- Easy all-day battery, plus quick charge capabilities
- An excellent compact smartphone that doesn't skimp on quality or performance
Pricing and availability
A compact powerhouse
Enjoy all the features of a top-of-the-line smartphone in a pocket-friendly package with the Huawei P10.
- The Huawei P10 retails for $899, but can currently be found for around $600 from online retailers like Catch and Mobile Citi.
|Display size (inches)||5.1|
|Display resolution (pixels)||1920 x 1080|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||432|
|Battery size (mAh)||3,200|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||12|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||f/2.2|
|Rear camera (2) resolution||20|
|Rear camera (2) aperture|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution||8|
|Front camera (1) aperture||f/1.9|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||Category 12|
Latest Huawei news
The Huawei Watch GT has astonishing battery life, but it's somewhat tricky to "buy" in Australia. Read more…
Huawei is expected to keep pushing what's possible with smartphone cameras in the upcoming Huawei P30 Pro. Here's what we know so far. Read more…
The Mate 20 is one of Huawei's finest smartphones yet, and we've tracked down the latest deals to help you find a bargain. Read more…