Huawei combines an excellent camera and its own fast processor in the generally solid Mate 10 Pro.
- Smart AI camera makes photography easy
- Good app performance
- Attractive design
- Water resistant
- No microSD expansion
- Neural processor may not have much impact
- No headphone jack
- EMUI is still somewhat messy
- Battery life isn't great
When does the Huawei Mate 10 Pro come out? Available in Australia on 4 December 2017.
What’s new about the Huawei Mate 10 Pro? 6 inch 18:9 display, Kirin 970 CPU, dual lens Leica camera, enhanced Emotion UI.
How much will the Huawei Mate 10 Pro cost? $1,099 outright or on contract.
The Mate 10 Pro takes the formula for the Mate 10 and makes it just that little bit bigger and better.
Huawei has very much trodden its own path in the Android world, eschewing the standard Qualcomm path for its own Kirin silicon with generally solid results. While the larger part of its device story in Australia has revolved around more affordable handsets for budget and prepaid buyers, it has also launched its premium P and Mate series to take on the established players.
The Huawei Mate 10 Pro was the effective last "premium" handset to launch in Australia in 2017, and Huawei promised big things for its premium productivity phablet.
- Professional-looking design
- A very large phone to hold
- Leica lenses plus AI can lead to impressive photos
- Beauty mode can go a little too far
- Good application performance
- Few apps take full advantage of the NPU
- 4,000mAh battery
- But battery life that's worse than smaller competitor handsets
- Good price for a premium handset
- EMUI, lack of storage expansion and battery life woes are a problem
Pricing and availability
Huawei Mate 10 Pro
Huawei's Pro camera phone
The Huawei Mate 10 Pro combines top-end photography with refined business style. It's available to buy outright or on contract through Optus
- The Huawei Mate 10 Pro sells outright for $1,099.
- The Huawei Mate 10 Pro is also available from Optus on contract plan terms.
|Display size (inches)||6|
|Display resolution (pixels)||2160 x 1080|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||402|
|Battery size (mAh)||4,000|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||12|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||f/1.6|
|Rear camera (2) resolution||12|
|Rear camera (2) aperture||f/1.6|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution||8|
|Front camera (1) aperture||f/2.0|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||Category 18|
Latest Huawei Mate 10 Pro news
Huawei's getting ready to launch its latest premium flagship phone, but you don't have to travel to London to follow along with all the news. Read more…
Huawei has priced the P10 to sell, but that doesn’t mean it has skimped on either features or style. Read more…
The Huawei Nova 2i sells itself on the inclusion of four cameras, but that's actually not its best feature. Read more…