Huawei announces Watch 2 Australian availability
Vodafone has nabbed Australian exclusivity on the 4G-enabled Huawei Watch 2.
Huawei also launched the Huawei Watch 2, which, as its name suggests, is the company's second-generation Android Wear device. The Huawei Watch 2 is an IP68-rated Android Wear device that includes a nanoSIM slot for 4G LTE connectivity. It's also going to be the first watch in the Australian market with inbuilt support for Android Pay.
Back in Barcelona Huawei was keeping mum about local availability, but it has today announced that we'll see the new watch in Australia from 16 August 2017.
In terms of outright pricing, Huawei will charge $599 outright for the device, which will be exclusively available through Vodafone. That also means that there should be contract options for the Watch 2, and quite possibly for a combination plan of watch plus handset (most likely the Huawei P10), but as yet Vodafone hasn't announced any contract plan pricing for the Watch 2.
What you can browse right now, however, are Vodafone's offerings for the excellent little Huawei P10, still one of our favourite phones of 2017.
Huawei Watch 2 Specifications
- Product Name
- Huawei Watch 2
- Display Size
- 1.2-inch AMOLED
- 326 ppi
- Qualcomm MSM8909W 1.1 GHZ
- Operating System
- Android Wear 2.0
- Water and dust resistance
- Rear camera
- 48.9 x 45 x 12.6mm
- Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Everything you need to know
- Take 30% off Amazon Echo devices until this Thursday
- Review: Is the Razer Blade Stealth and Core V2 combo a desktop-class beast?
- LG E8 2018 OLED TV hands-on review: The best of the best?
- Acer Predator Orion 9000 Review: This gaming behemoth is the wheel deal