HTC opens up Australian HTC U11 preorders
HTC's latest premium handset will go on sale on 5 June, although Telstra customers will wait an extra month.
HTC hasn't wasted any time following the launch of the HTC U11 and the announcement that it would price the handset at $999 outright in Australia, announcing pre-sale availability of the phone with an on sale date of 5 June 2017.
If you don't fancy a $999 outright asking price, it will also be ranged by most major carriers. Virgin Mobile and Optus will both offer the HTC U11 in its "Brilliant Black" and "Amazing Silver" finishes from 5 June 2017 on 24 month contract terms.
Telstra will also range the HTC U11, but only in the "Brilliant Black" finish, and nearly a month later on 4 July 2017. It has yet to announce contract terms for the new phone, although it does remain the Australian exclusive home for the HTC-produced Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL phones.
That leaves Vodafone as the only of the big three networks not to pick up the HTC U11, although it too has recently added an HTC handset to its range via the prepaid-pitched HTC Desire 650, and it still offers the HTC U Ultra handset on contract terms.
- Catch.com.au is launching its own prepaid mobile service
- You can now bundle Norton security products with your Vodafone mobile bill
- Optus is giving all Australians 30 days free access to the National Geographic mobile app
- Get a hefty 18GB of mobile data for just $32 a month with Virgin Mobile
- Go big with 18GB of mobile data for just $20 with Vodafone