If you're looking for a mid-range smartphone that won't call it quits, the supersized battery of the HTC One X10 makes it a top choice.
There's been no shortage of advances made to smartphone technology over the years. Screens have gotten bigger and crisper, cameras have become sharper and raw power has reached a level where phones can play the same games featured on modern video game consoles.
One area that hasn't made quite as many leaps and bounds, though, is battery life. Despite the inclusion of increasingly large batteries in modern smartphones, the additional power requirements of faster hardware and larger displays has kept battery life relatively stagnant, with many handsets struggling to deliver a full day of use out of a single charge.
HTC aims to defy this trend with the HTC One X10. The mid-range smartphone pairs a massive 4,000mAh battery with a more power-efficient processor than you'll find in many of its competitors, allowing the One X10 to go further on a single charge than your typical Apple iPhone or Samsung Galaxy S flagship. Whether you're a long-distance traveller or always on the go, or you're simply tired of having to charge your phone one or more times a day, the HTC One X10 has a lot to offer.
- Gorilla Glass protects the 5.5-inch HD screen from damage
- Android 7.0 offers plenty of useful features
- Rear camera packs a capable 16MP sensor enhanced for low-light photography
- 8MP front-facing camera boasts a wide-angle lens for group selfies
- Eight-core MediaTek processor is tuned for solid mid-range performance
- Ready to multi-task with 3GB of RAM
- 4,000mAh battery with enough juice for two days of use, according to HTC
- Fast-charging support to get you back up and running quicker
Pricing and availability
HTC One X10
Built to go and go and go
Thanks to its hefty 4,000mAh battery, the HTC One X10 can keep you connected longer on just a single charge.
- You can purchase the HTC One X10 outright from online retailers like Amazon for around $300.
- The HTC One X10 is also available on contract through Vodafone.
HTC One X10 specs
Power, storage and battery
|Display size||5.5 inches|
|Resolution||1080 x 1920|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||401|
|Rear camera megapixels||16MP|
|Rear camera aperture size||f/2.0|
|Front camera megapixels||8MP|
|Front camera aperture size||f/2.2|
|Dimensions||152.9mm x 75.6mm x 8.2mm|
|Network category speed||Category 6|
|Processor||MediaTek Helio P10|
|Operating system||Android 7|
|External storage support||Up to 256GB|
Compare SIM-only plans for the HTC One X10
Latest HTC news
The HTC 5G Hub can provide very fast mobile broadband over 5G, but you'll probably spend most of your time on 4G for now. Read more…
The HTC Desire 650 pairs a groovy design with a capable quad-core processor and 2GB of RAM to deliver solid performance at a budget-friendly price. Read more…
If you're considering the HTC U Play, our review breaks down all the important details you should consider. Read more…