The HSBC Rewards Plus Program has been launched and offers more merchandise, programs and travel products than ever before. This article explains what you can use your Rewards Points for, and where you can get a HSBC credit card.
HSBC is proud to launch their latest rewards offers, HSBC Rewards Plus. Along with their already popular Rewards, you can now also get bigger and better merchandise and travel rewards. You will receive rewards points every time you spend a dollar on their HSBC Low Rate Credit Card, and you can even receive double or triple the rewards points by shopping with their bonus partners.
Receive up to 60,000 bonus Qantas Points
Offer ends 31 October 2018
Eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, fees and charges apply
HSBC Credit Card Offer
Accelerate your Qantas Points with HSBC Platinum Qantas Credit Card. Receive 60,000 bonus Qantas Points on signup plus earn 1 point per $1 spent on eligible purchases.
- $199 p.a. annual fee.
- 19.99% p.a. on purchases
- Cash advance rate of 21.99% p.a.
- Up to 55 days interest free
- Minimum income requirement of $40,000 p.a.
HSBC Rewards Plus
The rewards are offered in many different categories including:
- Entertainment. After a hard days work reward yourself with HSBC Rewards Plus entertainment rewards. You can check out the latest movies, take a dive with sharks, go to a theme park or even take a hot air balloon ride. If you have visitors arriving, why not treat them with your Rewards Points to a great tourist attraction in Australia?
- Financial. HSBC Rewards Plus points can be used for a deposit to your online savings account, to make a payment on your HSBC home loan, for a rebate on a range of educational or insurance programs or to make a donation to one of the charities they have listed.
- Travel. You can use you rewards points for car rental, airfares, hotels and a lot more. You can also use your reward points to partially pay a trip and then put the rest on your HSBC Rewards Plus card and earn double the bonus points for every dollar that you spend. When you are planning to travel you can use the HSBC Travel Plus to book any kind of travel which includes:
- Holidays and tours
- Flights on any airline
- Coach or rail travel
- Merchandise. HSBC offers a wide range of merchandise you can choose from online, including some of the biggest brands. Some of these products include:
- Electrical appliances
- Sporting equipment
- Digital cameras
- Vouchers/gift cards. Choose from a wide selection of vouchers and gift cards for clothing, homeware, music, jewelry, floral, guidebooks and magazines.
- Bonus partners. You can earn double or triple Rewards Points by shopping with one of our bonus partners including:
- ACP Magazines
- Alpine World Travel
- Always on Sale
- Astra Limousines
- Balloon Aloft
- Everything but flowers
- Heavenly Group
- Paddy Pallin
- Premium Wines
- Rendezvous Hotels
- Sydney Aquarium
- Sydney Wildlife World
What is the value of HSBC points compared with other programs?
HSBC offers a range of reward options depending which credit card you have. The HSBC Rewards Plus program lets you collect points and redeem them for flights, shopping and wine programs.
There are two reward programs available for HSBC cardholders. You’ll be automatically enrolled in the HSBC Rewards program and you’ll have the option of joining the Qantas Rewards program.
If you have chosen the Qantas Rewards program, you will earn one Qantas Frequent Flyer per $1 spent on eligible purchases. You also need to be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program in order to redeem points.
All HSBC reward points expire 36 months after issue. Below is a table showing the limit of HSBC reward points you can earn in a year and any additional benefits you wish to add to your card.
|HSBC credit card||Points Cap||Extra benefits|
|Platinum Qantas||unlimited||Visa Entertainment, Concierge Service|
|Platinum||unlimited||Visa Entertainment, Concierge Service|
|Premier||unlimited||Visa Entertainment, Mastercard moments and Premier events|
How to redeem your HSBC reward
- Call 132 152 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Platinum cardholders can call 1800 100 287 and Premier cardholders can call 1300 301 168
|HSBC Qantas Platinum Card||NAB Qantas Rewards Credit Card||CBA Awards Credit card||ANZ Rewards Credit Card|
|How many points you earn||1 rewards point for every $1 spent in Australia. 1 reward points for every $1 spent overseas.||0.5 points per $1 with Visa||1 point for every $1 spent||1 point per $1|
|David Jones $50 Gift Card||10,000 points = $10,000 spend||6,750 points = $6,750 spend for Amex, $13,500 with Mastercard||N/A|
|Myer $50 Gift Card||9,200 points = $9,200 spend||6,750 points = $6,750 spend for Amex, $13,500 with Mastercard||9,000 points = $6,000 spend||$6,660|
*Figures are taken from bank’s website, but are only used for demonstrative purposes.
If you are looking for an HSBC credit card, there are a few different types to choose from. You can go to http://www.hsbc.com.au/1/2/personal/credit-cards to find out which credit card would suit your financial needs.
The HSBC Rewards Plus Program is a great program due to the wide selection of merchandise and programs you can use it for. You can use your card to redeem points and save a lot of money on both everyday and special purchases.
Image: HSBCBack to top