HSBC boosts bonus rate on Serious Saver
Introductory interest rate rises by 25 basis points.
HSBC increased the introductory interest rate on its Serious Saver account following minimal rate movements by the majority of banks prior to the RBA's decision to leave the cash rate on hold this month.
The bank elevated its variable introductory savings rate 25 basis points, from 2.25% to 2.50%.
The rate applies to Serious Saver accounts, valid for the first four months on balances up to $1 million.
After the introductory period expires, the interest rate reverts to the standard variable rate of 1.60%.
Switch or compare savings accounts to reduce fees and earn higher interest rates.
- Government to allow smaller players to call themselves a “bank”
- Australians have already lost over $13 million to scams this year
- Think twice before claiming your laundry as a tax deduction
- CBA takes the lead for mobile banking in Australia
- Money hack: Get $75 for opening a new ING Direct bank account