HSBC boosts bonus rate on Serious Saver
Introductory interest rate rises by 25 basis points.
HSBC increased the introductory interest rate on its Serious Saver account following minimal rate movements by the majority of banks prior to the RBA's decision to leave the cash rate on hold this month.
The bank elevated its variable introductory savings rate 25 basis points, from 2.25% to 2.50%.
The rate applies to Serious Saver accounts, valid for the first four months on balances up to $1 million.
After the introductory period expires, the interest rate reverts to the standard variable rate of 1.60%.
Switch or compare savings accounts to reduce fees and earn higher interest rates.
- Automobile club, RACQ, launches first bank branches today
- The Big Four banks have all dropped ATM fees
- Australians don’t trust the financial services industry
- United Nations will help reshape global finance to create a “better world for all”
- Macquarie Bank open banking platform a first for Australia