How well timed travel can save you up to 76% on accommodation
Booking.com runs the numbers to see how much you can save with a well-timed trip.
Booking.com is one of the only places you can find a lowest price guarantee on your holiday accommodation, but such great value doesn't come easy. There are whole teams of experts crunching the numbers and hunting down the most affordable vacation spots, and now they've revealed just how much you can save by travelling at the right time.
The following is based on a survey of almost 45,000 respondents, to compare the cost of accommodation at the cheapest time of year with the most expensive time, so you can find the most affordable time to head overseas. Here's what the survey found:
- Busan, South Korea: The last week of May - 31% cheaper
- Cebu City, Philippines: The first week of December - 35% cheaper
- Da Nang, Vietnam: The first week of December - 36% cheaper
- Kobe, Japan: The third week of June - 46% cheaper
- Nagoya, Japan: The first week of January - 30% cheaper
- Nha Trang, Vietnam: The second week of December - 41% cheaper
- Phuket, Thailand: The second week of June - 37% cheaper
- Santa Fe, Philippines: The second week of August - 50% cheaper
Europe and the Middle East
- Aveiro, Portugal: The last week of May - 31% cheaper
- Monte Gordo, Portugal: The third week of December - 74% cheaper
- Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal: The last week of February - 46% cheaper
- Haifa, Israel: The fourth week of January - 72% cheaper
- Izmir, Turkey: The last week of December - 45% cheaper
- Cabo Frio, Brazil: The second week of May - 59% cheaper
- Canoa Quebrada, Brazil: The third week of May - 72% cheaper
- Guaruja, Brazil: The first week of June - 71% cheaper
- Playa Blanca, Colombia: The first week of January - 76% cheaper
- Wells, Maine, USA: The first week of May - 50% cheaper
Brazil delivers outstanding value in late May and early June, while some Turkey or Portugal might be the right choice if you want to cut the cost of a Christmas getaway. Similarly changing price trends can be found for every single tourist destination in the world, but now the potential savings are clearer than ever.
It's worth checking out the cheapest or best times to visit somewhere before visiting, with potential savings of up to 75% off or more. Combine that with a Booking.com price guarantee and you're looking at paying much less for a great trip.
- What do you get when you cross the sharing economy with blockchain?
- China proposes law to de-anonymise blockchain users and censor content
- Clarke-endorsed Global Tech crypto co. down due to “ongoing negativity,” ASIC
- Google Pixel 3 review: Smaller is better
- Google Pixel 3XL review: Pure Google in a big package
Follow us for all the latest deals and coupon codes