How to watch the 2016 Doctor Who Christmas special in Australia
The ABC has not one, but two presents for Whovians this festive season.
As it has done in recent years, the ABC is taking to iView to screen the next episode of Doctor Who (and the first episode to be seen at all this year), The Return of Doctor Mysterio. The ABC has announced that the episode will air on iView immediately after it finishes airing on the BBC, which means for practical purposes it will be available early on Boxing Day in Australia. The final time will be confirmed once the BBC sets its full Christmas Day schedule. If you’re more of a terrestrial TV watcher (or your broadband just doesn’t get on with iView), it will also air at 7:30pm on 26 December on ABC and ABC ME.
Spoiler alert! The BBC’s Children in Need special ran a small segment of the Christmas episode just a few days ago. If you don’t want to be somewhat spoiled, then don’t click the video below.
But wait! The ABC has more for lucky Whovians this year. Fresh off its run in theatres, it will also air the animated version of the lost Patrick Troughton story The Power Of The Daleks on iView, also on Boxing Day morning. So far, there’s no sign of it on the regular ABC broadcast schedule, however.
- View Finder: Comedians in cars getting cheques from Netflix
- Nintendo Switch won’t have many multimedia functions like Netflix at launch
- Ghost Recon Wildlands movie tie-in will premiere on Amazon Prime
- Stan picks up Twin Peaks in Australia for May premiere
- How well does Netflix offline work for inflight entertainment?