Discover how your flybuys membership could get you more benefits with Etihad Airways.
A partnership between the flybuys loyalty program and Etihad Airways allows members to transfer their flybuys points to Etihad Guest Miles. Discover how you can transform your flybuys points into flights here.
Transferring your flybuys points to Etihad Guest Miles
In October 2015, flybuys announced a new partnership with Etihad Airways that allows members to redeem their flybuys points for rewards with the airline. See how the partnership works below:
- Exchange rate. There is a transfer rate of 1 flybuys point = 0.4 Etihad Guest Miles. Given the usual value of flybuys points is around 0.5c for other redemption options, this is a pretty standard exchange rate.
- Bonus points. You’ll also earn an additional 1 flybuys point (or 0.4 Etihad Guest Miles) whenever you make a purchase with Etihad Guest.
- Minimum transfer. You can only redeem your flybuys points in multiples of 10,000, meaning you’ll get an equivalent minimum of 4,000 Etihad Guest miles per transfer.
- Flights. You can use your flybuys points to reduce your next flight with Etihad Airways to more than 100 destinations worldwide.
- Redeeming. You can redeem your flybuys points for Etihad Guest Miles through your online flybuys account.
- Transfer time. It will take around two business days for your flybuys points to transfer and appear in your Etihad Guest account.
Who else can I earn flybuys points with?
Some other partners you can earn flybuys (and therefore Etihad Guest Miles) with include:
|Coles Credit Cards||Kmart|
|Coles Express||Kmart Tyre & Auto Service|
|Coles Prepaid Cards||NAB|
|First Choice Liquor||Polar|
|flybuys Travel||Weight Watchers|
If you're an Etihad Guest member, this partnership gives you a way to earn more points through your everyday spending. Alternatively, you could transfer flybuys points to your Velocity frequent flyer account or consider using flybuys points to book flights and holidays directly through flybuys Travel.