Does the idea of throwing a Halloween party creep you out? Don’t stress. We’ve put together the ultimate checklist to help you throw a Halloween bash that will be fun for everyone!
Halloween is the perfect excuse to gather all your mates and have a party to kick off the festive season. Whether you are hosting a trick-or-treat for kids or throwing a spooky cocktail bash for adults, a little planning goes a long way.
Here’s a foolproof checklist of what you need to ensure your Halloween party is a frightful fete.
1. Buy your Halloween costume
Getting into costume and dressing up is one of the best parts of Halloween. Whether it’s adults, kids or pets getting into the Halloween spirit, anyone and everyone can be a part of all the fun.
Dress as your favourite celebrity or superhero, or gear up in more traditional outfits, such as a ghost or a vampire. There are no rules or limits when it comes to costumes.
2. Stock up on ALL the Halloween decorations
It’s almost mandatory that any venue hosting a Halloween party is decorated accordingly. Think creepy cobwebs, spooky spiders, frightening props and decor, balloons, banners and everything in between to create the right atmosphere.
3. Stock up on Halloween candy
Candy and loot bags are always fun and are a must-have on Halloween.
4. Bake your Halloween treats
From ghoulishly good cakes and cookies to spiderweb cake pops, there are many fun treat ideas for Halloween parties. It’s all in the decoration and presentation, so make sure they look boo-tiful!
5. Stock up on tricks
Halloween is as much about the sweet treats as it is about the tricks. A little scare for some big laughs is fun for everyone. Here are some harmless party tricks and pranks you can pull on the day:
- Get some fake spiders and put there everywhere. On the walls, at the bottom of the esky, in the fridge, on the sofa… the sky’s the limit!
- Put a fake hand or squishy body parts in the lolly or chip bowl.
- Buy an electric shock bottle opener. Every time someone opens a beer bottle, they’ll get a surprise shock.
- Hide behind doors and scare people as they walk past. Simple and effective!
6. Tee up some Halloween party games
Halloween party games can be as frighteningly fun for kids as they are for adults. Here are some simple Halloween party games to ensure everyone has a spooky good time.
- Fear-factor-style eating challenge: This challenge involves blindfolding guests and feeding them food that feels strange or has an unusual texture. Ask your guests to guess what they’re eating before you reveal it. Try giving them baby food, jelly, olives and grapes.
- Feel box: Similar to the eating challenge, but instead of feeding your guests you fill boxes with different items and get them to guess what’s in the box. Think spaghetti noodles, jelly, prawns and gummy worms.
- Lolly-guessing competition: Put a Halloween lolly jar filled with treats and ask guests to guess how many pieces there are. The person who guesses the correct (or closest) number wins the lolly jar!
- If you and your guests love trivia, why not put together horror movie trivia?
Halloween party ideas and hacks
Saving money on Halloween decorations is one DIY step away. Here are some hacks that won’t cost a fortune or hours to make!
Where can I buy personalised Halloween party supplies?
Add a special touch to your party with personalised party supplies. Pink Frosting offers personalised ribbon, party favours, invitations, jars, boxes, goodie bags, stickers, hanging decorations, balloons and banners. The Party People offers customised balloons and banners.Deals Direct offers personalised bags, books, drink bottles, stationery and labels. Etsy offers customised Halloween invitations, candles, photo-booth frames and party favours.
Want to buy cheap Halloween party supplies? Use one of our coupons:
Show code & visit sitefi****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code