Just signed up to Presto but don’t have a Smart TV? Never fear, Chromecast is just what you need
If you’ve recently signed up to the 60-day free trial of Presto (if you haven’t, then what are you waiting for?) but have found yourself severely limited to the amount of devices you can watch it on, you should probably think about purchasing a Google Chromecast.
Want all the TV shows and movies? You can get a free trial with each of the streaming internet tv providers below:
What is a Chromecast?
Using Google Chromecast you can surf the net, stream Netflix, watch YouTube and much more on your TV (even if it’s not a Smart TV). A Chromecast is a digital medium about the size of a flash drive. It’s an HDMI dongle that plays audio and video content on high-definition (HD) televisions. Users can easily stream content from their phones, tablets or computers using Google supported apps, like YouTube.
It also works by simply streaming any content via Google Chrome, allowing you to browse the internet through your television.
Where can I purchase a Chromecast and how much do they cost?
Dick Smith is selling the Chromecast at $49.00 AUD. Through the Dick Smith online store, you can have a Chromecast delivered to your door for a fee of $7.95. Chromecasts purchased through Dick Smith also come with a 12-month warranty.
What is Presto and how do I sign up?
Presto is a TV and Movie streaming service, similar to Netflix, with over 4,500 hours of content available. Presto is a joint venture between Foxtel and Seven West Media. With these veterans of Australian entertainment behind the wheel, you’re bound to find something that interests you. If you’re wondering what’s on, we’ve got up-to-date lists of Presto’s movies and TV shows.
There are some excellent TV shows available like The Wire, The Sopranos and The Walking Dead. We’d recommend taking advantage of the free 60-day trial and having a look around for yourself. There’s no lock-in contract, so you can cancel whenever you like, and if you do decide to continue your membership, it will only set you back $9.99 a month.
How do I stream Presto on Chromecast?
Streaming Presto through Chromecast allows you to take what you’re watching on your smartphone, tablet, or computer and share it with friends or family on the television. Best of all, it’s cheap and very easy to set up. Follow these simple steps below and you’ll be streaming Presto through Chromecast in no time.
What you need before you begin:
- Presto account
- TV with at least one HDMI slot
- Presto compatible device (smartphone, tablet or computer)
- Insert your Chromecast into your television’s available HDMI socket.
- If you’re using a smart device (like iPhone or Android), download the Chromecast app from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android).
- Connect your Chromecast and device to your home Wi-Fi (your smart device may already be connected). Once connected, follow the step-by-step prompts in the Chromecast app to pair Chromecast with your device.
- Check that the Presto app on your smart device is updated with the latest software version (select “Updates” in the App Store and search for Presto). For Android users, the Presto app should be Chromecast ready.
- Log into Presto through the app on your smart device.
- In the Presto Menu screen, select the “Cast” icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Select the Chromecast device you’ve just set up.
- You should see a “Ready to cast” message appear. Simply hit play and your program should begin streaming on the television.