The step-by-step guide to getting your free credit score with finder.
Finances can be complicated, but we aim to keep everything simple. This is why we've created this quick, simple guide to show you how to get your free credit score with finder. Plus, we have a few questions and answers to help you troubleshoot any problems you may encounter along the way.
Here we go.
Step 1: Where to start
Click on the button below to head to our free credit score page. It will open in a new tab so you will not be directed away from this page.
The page will look like this:
After you click Get started, you will need to create an account with finder.com.au. To do this, you will need to enter the following information into the space provided:
- Your email address. We will use this to send you a confirmation email, so make sure it is accurate.
- A password. Create a password that has the following:
- 8 characters in total
- At least 1 letter
- At least 1 number
- At least 1 special character (for example *%$#)
After you've done this, click Create account.
Step 2: Confirm your email
Once you have created an account, we will send you a confirmation email. We need you to confirm your email before you get your score because we want to make sure you're able to receive the emails we send since this is how you will get your credit score.
If you can't see an email from us, wait a minute or two and refresh your inbox. You should also check your junk email folder.
Your confirmation email will look like this:
Click "Verify my email".
Step 3: Tell us about yourself
Once you click "Verify my email" you will be taken to the form shown below. This form is all the information we need to identify you in Experian's system in order to access your credit score.
In order to get your credit score, you'll need to give us the following information:
- Full name. This needs to be as it appears on your driver's licence. If your middle name is on your licence, put it in the form.
- Sex. Select male or female.
- Date of birth. Please enter the date, select the month and enter the year as four digits (eg, 1990).
- Driver's licence. Enter your driver's licence number and the state it is from. Your licence is required so we can identify you in Experian's system. Note that the image below will pop up to help you find the correct details to enter.
- Address. Enter your address. If you've lived there less than three years, enter a previous address as well (another address field will pop up when you check the box). Your address details are sent to a secure government registry, the Document Verification Service (DVS), which will match you to your official online identity. Experian will then match its details against the DVS to make sure they have the right person.
Step 4: Your result
After you have entered all of your information correctly, you will be taken to the results page to receive your credit score and your full credit report. You will be told what your credit score is and in which category your score sits.