How to fill out the NAB discharge authority form

Rates and fees last updated on

Need to fill in the NAB discharge authority form? We guide you through the steps.

Home loans can be discharged for a variety of reasons, including the sale of your property, refinancing your loan or paying it off. When you discharge your home loan, you’ll need to let the lender know what you plan to do with your loan account. To do this, you’ll need to fill out what’s known as a discharge authority form. If you’re an NAB customer, the process for filling out this form is as straightforward as the steps below:

1. Download and print the form

NAB’s discharge authority form can be accessed online. A link to the form is below:

Fill out the NAB discharge authority form

2. Let NAB know about your circumstances

You’ll need to let NAB know why you’re discharging your loan. It could be because you’ve sold your property, because you’re refinancing, because you’re releasing a guarantor or for a variety of other reasons.

3. Fill in your contact details

NAB will need to know your name and contact details such as your phone number, email and address.

4. Fill in your property details

NAB will need to know the address and sale or purchase price of the property or properties you’re discharging the loan for.

NAB discharge authority Property and security details2

5. Tell NAB to what to do with your accounts

Here you’ll fill out the BSB and account number of the loan account you’re discharging. You’ll also need to let NAB know whether you’re closing or keeping the account. If there is any surplus or shortfall, you’ll need to provide NAB with the details of an account to pay into or debit from.

NAB discharge authority account numbers and instructions

6. Let NAB know if a representative is acting on your behalf

If you’re using the services of a solicitor, conveyancer, broker or other representative, you’ll need to give NAB their contact details and you’ll also need to provide authorisation for the representative to act on your behalf.

NAB discharge authority representation

Was this content helpful to you? No  Yes

Related Posts

HSBC Home Value Loan - Resident Owner Occupier only

Enjoy the low variable rate with $0 ongoing fee and borrow up to 90% LVR.

NAB Choice Package Home Loan - 2 Year Fixed (Owner Occupier)

A fixed rate package loan with flexible repayments options. NAB Rewards Points offer available, terms and conditions apply.

IMB Budget Home Loan - LVR <=90% (Owner Occupier)

A competitive budget rate without any unwanted bells and whistles.

Greater Bank Ultimate Home Loan - Discounted 1 Year Fixed LVR ≤85% ($150K+ Owner Occupier)

Discount off an already competitive interest rate for loans over $150k. NSW, QLD and ACT residents only.

Ask a Question

You are about to post a question on

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Disclaimer: At we provide factual information and general advice. Before you make any decision about a product read the Product Disclosure Statement and consider your own circumstances to decide whether it is appropriate for you.
Rates and fees mentioned in comments are correct at the time of publication.
By submitting this question you agree to the privacy policy, receive follow up emails related to and to create a user account where further replies to your questions will be sent.

Ask a question