How to fill out the ANZ Discharge and Variation Authority form

Rates and Fees verified correct on April 30th, 2017

Need to fill in the ANZ discharge authority form? We guide you through the steps.

If you plan to discharge your home loan after selling your home or refinancing or repaying your home loan, you’ll need to fill out a discharge authority form. If you’re an ANZ customer, the steps below will walk you through the process.

1. Download and print the form

ANZ’s discharge authority form can be found by following the link below.

Fill out the ANZ Discharge Authority form

2. Fill in your personal details

ANZ will need your name and contact details, including your phone number and email.

ANZ Discharge form - Customer details

3. Let ANZ know if a representative is acting on your behalf

If you’ve engaged the services of a solicitor, conveyancer, broker or other representative, ANZ will need their name and contact details.

4. Select the type of discharge you need

ANZ will want to know why you’re discharging your loan. This could because you’ve sold your property, because you’ve refinanced, because you’ve repaid your loan in full or because you’re releasing a guarantor.

ANZ Discharge Form discharge type

5. Fill in your property details

ANZ will need to know the address and sale price of the property or properties you’re discharging the loan for, as well as whether you’re discharging, retaining or adding them to your loan.

ANZ Discharge change of security

6. Tell ANZ to what to do with your accounts

Here you’ll fill out the BSB and account number the loan account or accounts you’re discharging. You’ll also need to let ANZ know whether you’re closing or keeping the account. If there is any surplus , you’ll need to provide ANZ details of an account to pay into.

7. Request your Certificate of Title

Let ANZ know whether to send the Certificate of Title and unregistered discharge or whether to register the discharge. A $160 fee applies for an unregistered discharge, whereas a $320 fee and government registration fees apply for a registered discharge.

8. Provide payment details

You’ll need to provide payment details for the fees associated with your discharge. This can be debited from an ANZ account, or paid by credit card.

9. Sign and send

The final step is to sign, date and send the completed form to ANZ. You can scan and email the documents, fax them or post them.

Was this content helpful to you? No  Yes

Related Posts

HSBC Home Value Loan - Resident Owner Occupier only

Enjoy the low variable rate with $0 ongoing fee and borrow up to 90% LVR.

NAB Choice Package Home Loan - 2 Year Fixed (Owner Occupier)

A fixed rate package loan with flexible repayments options. NAB Rewards Points offer available, terms and conditions apply.

IMB Budget Home Loan - LVR <=90% (Owner Occupier)

A competitive budget rate without any unwanted bells and whistles.

Greater Bank Ultimate Home Loan - Discounted 1 Year Fixed LVR ≤85% ($150K+ Owner Occupier)

Discount off an already competitive interest rate for loans over $150k. NSW, QLD and ACT residents only.

Ask a Question

You are about to post a question on

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Disclaimer: At we provide factual information and general advice. Before you make any decision about a product read the Product Disclosure Statement and consider your own circumstances to decide whether it is appropriate for you.
Rates and fees mentioned in comments are correct at the time of publication.
By submitting this question you agree to the privacy policy, receive follow up emails related to and to create a user account where further replies to your questions will be sent.

Ask a question