How to complete the NSW property transfer form

Rates and Fees verified correct on April 29th, 2017

If you want to transfer ownership of a NSW property to another person, here’s what you need to do.

NSW transfer of title formIn NSW, if you want to add a spouse, family member or friend to the title of a property you own, you’ll need to fill out and submit a Transfer Form 01T to Land & Property Information (LPI).

Completing this form allows that person’s legal interest in the property to be recorded on the title to the land.

Here’s what you need to do to finalise a property transfer.

1. Get a copy of the form

In addition to Transfer Form 01T, you’ll also need to complete a Notice of Sale or Transfer of Land (form 10-0520).

Transfer Form 01T

These forms are also available:

  • Online from the LPI website
  • From LPI's customer Service centre
  • From the Client Services Counter or the cashiers at the LPI Sydney office

2. Use black or blue ink

If handwriting, use block letters. Don’t use white-out to correct any errors; instead, rule through any material you want to delete and initial the left-hand margin of the form.

3. Provide the Torrens Title

In part (A), enter the number for the Torrens Title for the land being transferred.

4. Provide Lodged By details

In part (B), provide the details of the person or firm lodging the form. You’ll need to enter your name, address, phone number and customer account number (if you have one).

5. Provide the details of the transferor

In part (C), insert the full name of the person or corporation who is the transferor of the property.

6. Insert the consideration figure

In part (D), enter the price or other consideration amount for which the land was transferred.

7. Complete Section (E)

If the land is being transferred to the transferee an estate in fee simple, leave the form as is. If you are transferring an estate other than fee simple, rule through ‘fee simple’ and insert the required estate in uppercase text.

8. Specify the share transferred

If transferring less than the whole of your share, specify the amount being transferred. For example, if you own a half share and are transferring one half of that, insert ‘as regards a one-half share of the transferor’s one-half share’.

9. Writ details

In part (G), if the transfer will be made subject to a writ, enter the registration number of the writ. If no encumbrance applies, leave this section blank.

10. Insert transferee details

Provide the full name (or ACN, ABN or ARBN for a corporation) to whom a share of the property is being transferred.

11. Enter tenancy details

Next, if there is more than one transferee, you must enter the tenancy in which they will hold the land. For example, ‘joint tenants’, ‘tenants in common’ (including the share each tenant wishes to hold) or ‘tenants in common in equal shares’.

12. Execution

This form must be completed by the transferor and transferee or on their behalf – select the relevant option from those provided. Any witness must not be a party to the transaction, must be an adult and must know the person executing. In addition:

  • If the form is executed by an individual on their own behalf, their signature must be witnessed
  • If the form is executed by an attorney, the power of attorney must be registered and the attorney’s signature included
  • If the form is executed by a receiver or delegate, a statement must be included to explain this and the receiver or delegate’s signature must be witnessed
  • If the form is executed under authority, the nature of the authority must be disclosed
  • If the form is executed by a solicitor or licensed conveyance on behalf of the transferee, the signatory’s full name and capacity must be included in block letters
  • If the form is executed by a corporation, the form of execution should refer to the power of authority relied on by the signatories

13. Complete Section (K)

This section only needs to be completed if the notice of sale data has been forwarded through the eNOS facility.

14. Lodge the form with LPI

In addition to Transfer Form 01T you will need to provide:

  • A completed Notice of Sale or Transfer of Land (NOS) form;
  • The original Certificate of Title for the relevant property (if not already produced);
  • The lodgement fee; and
  • If using the form for severance of joint tenancy, a statutory declaration of the names and postal addresses of the other joint tenants and any mortgagees
Back to top

Belinda Punshon

Belinda is a journalist here at Specialising in the home loans and property sections, she is passionate about helping Australians improve their financial wellbeing.

Was this content helpful to you? No  Yes

Related Posts

HSBC Home Value Loan - Resident Owner Occupier only

Enjoy the low variable rate with $0 ongoing fee and borrow up to 90% LVR.

NAB Choice Package Home Loan - 2 Year Fixed (Owner Occupier)

A fixed rate package loan with flexible repayments options. NAB Rewards Points offer available, terms and conditions apply.

IMB Budget Home Loan - LVR <=90% (Owner Occupier)

A competitive budget rate without any unwanted bells and whistles.

Greater Bank Ultimate Home Loan - Discounted 1 Year Fixed LVR ≤85% ($150K+ Owner Occupier)

Discount off an already competitive interest rate for loans over $150k. NSW, QLD and ACT residents only.

Ask a Question

You are about to post a question on

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Disclaimer: At we provide factual information and general advice. Before you make any decision about a product read the Product Disclosure Statement and consider your own circumstances to decide whether it is appropriate for you.
Rates and fees mentioned in comments are correct at the time of publication.
By submitting this question you agree to the privacy policy, receive follow up emails related to and to create a user account where further replies to your questions will be sent.

Ask a question