How to cancel your Netflix account with ease
If you're switching providers or simply taking some time off bingeing shows like House of Cards and Jessica Jones, here's how to cancel your Netflix membership.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Streaming services don't always make their cancellation procedures clear. Thankfully, you can cancel your Netflix subscription with little hassle. The directions below will show you how to cancel your Netflix subscription.
Cancelling your Netflix account
- Visit netflix.com.au from a browser on your desktop or laptop
- If you're already signed in, skip ahead to step three. If not, sign in using the username and password you chose when you started your subscription
- Hover your mouse over the username or user icon in the top-right corner of the home screen
- In the drop-down box, click "Your Account"
- On the "My Account" screen, click "Cancel Membership" (located near the top of the screen under Membership and Billing
- On the next screen, you will be given an exact date (e.g. 22 Jan 2016). This is the date your account is paid up to and the date your subscription will officially cease.
- Click "Finish Cancellation" to complete the cancellation process.
VIDEO: Step-by-step instructions to cancelling Netflix
Now what? Take advantage of another free trial
More guides on Finder
9 ways to save $2,800+ on your bills
An investment of a few hours could save you thousands of dollars – here's how to bring down your household bills.
How to get the Paramount Plus 7-day free trial: What does it get you?
A guide on how to enjoy Paramount Plus free for a week.
How to redeem your PS5 Apple TV+ 6-month free trial in Australia
Here's how to redeem the PlayStation 5 free six months of Apple TV+ deal.
Amazon Prime Day Australia 2021: All the best deals from Day 2
Here are all the best deals from Amazon Prime Day Australia's second day - including the return of dirt-cheap Nintendo Switch consoles.
Best Prime Day deals 2021: Highlights from day one [updated]
The wait is finally over. Here are the best Amazon Prime Day deals you can get in Australia right now.
Psst, you have 24 hours to score 20% off the Nintendo Switch Lite
eBay is selling the Nintendo Switch Lite for just $286.39. Here's how to get the deal.
How to sign up to DAZN: A step-by-step guide
You’ll be able to watch exciting boxing events within minutes on streaming site DAZN.
How to retire earlier and wealthier
SPONSORED: We all want to retire early, but how do you actually do it? Here are five tips to help you get started right now.
eHarmony | What’s the popular online dating site like?
Here’s everything you need to know about the global matchmaking site eHarmony and how to use it to find love.
How you can watch Netflix originals without a free trial
Here’s how to watch the Stranger Things pilot without opening your purse.
Stream the best and save
All the biggest shows and movies from HBO and more on-demand.
Try Amazon Prime Video's huge library for 30 days free.
Ask an Expert