If you're switching providers or simply taking some time off bingeing shows like House of Cards and Jessica Jones, here's how to cancel your Netflix membership.
Streaming services don't always make their cancellation procedures clear. Thankfully, you can cancel your Netflix subscription with little hassle. The directions below will show you how to cancel your Netflix subscription.
Cancelling your Netflix account
- Visit netflix.com.au from a browser on your desktop or laptop
- If you're already signed in, skip ahead to step three. If not, sign in using the username and password you chose when you started your subscription
- Hover your mouse over the username or user icon in the top-right corner of the home screen
- In the drop-down box, click "Your Account"
- On the "My Account" screen, click "Cancel Membership" (located near the top of the screen under Membership and Billing
- On the next screen, you will be given an exact date (e.g. 22 Jan 2016). This is the date your account is paid up to and the date your subscription will officially cease.
- Click "Finish Cancellation" to complete the cancellation process.
Now what? Take advantage of another free trial
FREE TRIAL: 30-days of unlimited Desperate Housewives, Kardashians and more with hayu from hayu
Take advantage of hayu's limited 30-day month trial and access thousands of hours of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Made in Chelsea and so much more.View details
VIDEO: Step-by-step instructions to cancelling Netflix
- 15 mind-blowing thrillers available to stream in Australia
- Where to watch the Charmed reboot in Australia
- This week in streaming: Arrival tackles xenolinguistics and Sabrina bewitches her way to Netflix
- Where to watch Riverdale Season 3 online in Australia
- Netflix Australia vs Prime Video: Price, content and features compared