How to buy Voyager Token (VGX)
A beginner's guide to buying and selling VGX in Australia.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy Voyager Token
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Voyager Token.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports VGX.
Most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Voyager Token.
- Buy Voyager Token.
Complete your Voyager Token purchase and then find the best wallet to store VGX.
What is Voyager Token?
Voyager is a commission-free cryptocurrency trading platform that allows its users to execute their orders at their quoted price regardless of whether they are buying or selling a digital asset. To help achieve this, the platform devs claim to be making use of a unique “Smart Order Routing” protocol that apparently takes advantage of various small monetary discrepancies between various cryptocurrency exchanges in relation to the value of various assets. Voyager Token (VGX) is the native crypto that is associated with this platform. By making use of the token — i.e. by staking VGX — users have the option of earning passive income without having to be bound by any long-term lock-in contracts.
Voyager Token (VGX) is the 116th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $909,302,062. The current price of Voyager Token is $4.097, which is -0.332% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $4.523 and $3.980 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in AUD and accurate as of 22 April, 2021 08:04 UTC.
Where to buy Voyager TokenFind an exchange to buy, sell and trade VGX by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Voyager Token at a glance
|Total VGX supply||222,295,208|
Voyager Token price performance over time
How to sell Voyager Token
You can cash out your VGX with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have VGX on.
If you store your Voyager Token in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of VGX you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Voyager Token.
What to consider when buying Voyager Token
- Regulated: One of the most striking aspects of the Voyager trading platform is that it is owned by a listed Canadian firm called Voyager Digital Ltd. The company is touted to have a market capitalisation of around $600 million and says it is regulated according to local Canadian laws.
- Passive income opportunities: In addition to providing users with a commission-free trading experience, Voyager also enables users to earn a steady interest on their crypto investments — ranging from anywhere between 1% to 8.5% depending on the asset deposited on the platform. However, to draw interest, users are required to possess a fixed number of coins or tokens to qualify for the platform’s native rewards program.
- Wide array of assets supported: The Voyager app currently supports a total of 50+ tokens and coins using a mobile-based platform that is compatible with the iOS and Android operating systems.
- Limited functionality and customer support: One of the major drawbacks of the platform is that it is currently available for use only on smartphones and not on desktops. Also, it should be pointed out that Voyager offers limited avenues for customer support, with users only having the option of reaching out for help via the app or through email. No phone support is available at the moment.
Latest crypto guides
Ask an Expert