How to buy TrueUSD (TUSD) in Australia
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy TrueUSD
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying TrueUSD.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports TUSD.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy TrueUSD.
- Buy TrueUSD.
Complete your TrueUSD purchase and then find the best wallet to store TUSD.
What is TrueUSD?
TrueUSD is a stablecoin that is pegged to the US dollar in a ratio of 1:1. According to Messari, the ERC-20 digital token was launched by TrustToken — a platform that allows users to tokenize real-world assets — and serves as a means of facilitating payments and cross border transactions in a near-instantaneous manner at a fraction of the cost of what it takes to facilitate traditional SWIFT or PayPal transfers. TrueUSD is just one of the many stablecoins issued by TrustToken and is designed to help increase market liquidity as well as provide crypto enthusiasts with a relatively non-volatile asset relative to free-floating coins, such as Ether, Bitcoin and XRP, that are subject to massive daily price swings.
TrueUSD (TUSD) is the 99th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $1,273,550,668. The current price of TrueUSD is $1, which is -0.113% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $1.01 and $0.998125 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of October 26, 2021 09:10 UTC.
Where to buy TrueUSD
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade TUSD by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Is it a good time to buy TrueUSD?
The technical analysis gauge for TrueUSD displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation to buy, sell or trade. It represents a technical analysis of TrueUSD based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
This chart is not advice or a guarantee of success. Rather, it gauges the real-time recommendations of three popular technical indicators based on the performance of TrueUSD: moving averages, oscillators and pivots. Finder is not responsible for how TUSD performs.
TrueUSD at a glance
|Total TUSD supply||1,273,466,694|
|All time high||US$1.62|
|All time high date||August 26, 2018|
|Notable team members||Rafael Cosman|
|Partnerships||Cred, Nexo, Binance|
|Network||Ethereum, Binance Chain|
TrueUSD price performance over time
How to sell TrueUSD
You can cash out your TUSD with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have TUSD on.
If you store your TrueUSD in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of TUSD you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of TrueUSD.
What to consider when buying TrueUSDIf you’re thinking of buying any TUSD, some of the factors you may want to consider first include:
- Solid backing team: According to CoinMarketCap, TrustToken is the brainchild of Rafael Cosman, who has previously worked for a number of major companies including Google as well as software firm Palantir. Similarly, Alex de Lorraine is the company’s chief operating officer. He was also previously employed at Google and has even worked for pharmaceutical manufacturing giant Pfizer as its chief of staff.
- Balance and stability: The primary goal of TrueUSD — much like many other stablecoins — is to help provide the digital-asset market with an increasing level of financial stability as well as provide crypto enthusiasts with another tangible digital asset medium so as to facilitate their daily transactions and payments.
- Routinely audited: Since its launch, TrueUSD’s parent company TrustToken has made sure that its stablecoin offering is regularly audited by allowing third-party users to perform independent verifications of the stablecoin’s provenance. In fact, back in December 2019, TrueUSD added the option of allowing its users to perform real-time audits through the use of certain APIs that connect the company’s banking data to a public blockchain.
- Two options to choose from: There are two unique versions of the TUSD stablecoin available in the market today: an ERC-20 compatible token and a BEP-2 (Binance Chain) based coin called TUSDB. The two offerings are similar to each other in terms of their operational design but are designed to run on separate ecosystems.
Coins similar to TrueUSD (TUSD)
TrueUSD (TUSD) in the news
Crypto Advocates Protest ‘Gatekeeper’ Valve’s NFT Game Ban on Steam
Is Ethereum A Buy Or Sell As It Nears All-Time Highs?
US Regulators Looking at How Banks Could Hold Crypto Assets: Report
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including TrueUSD, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of TUSD is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the TrueUSD or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Illuvium (ILV) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Illuvium (ILV) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Columbus-5 Terra upgrade: LUNA’s deflationary moment explained
On 30 September, Terra mainnet upgrade Columbus-5 is set to bring a new wave of functionality and investment to Terra and Cosmos.
How to buy IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Wabi (WABI) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Wabi (WABI) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Cindicator (CND) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Cindicator (CND) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy MonaCoin (MONA) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the MonaCoin (MONA) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Bluzelle (BLZ) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Bluzelle (BLZ) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Whitecoin (XWC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Whitecoin (XWC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Storj (STORJ) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Storj (STORJ) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Star Atlas DAO (POLIS) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Star Atlas DAO (POLIS) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Get into cryptocurrency
Ask an Expert