How to buy Tribe (TRIBE) in Australia
Learn how to buy Tribe (TRIBE) easily by following a step-by-step guide and compare 10+ crypto exchanges.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy Tribe
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Tribe.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports TRIBE.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Tribe.
- Buy Tribe.
Complete your Tribe purchase and then find the best wallet to store TRIBE.
What is Tribe?
Tribe is a governance token for the Fei protocol, which was launched in early 2021 with the goal of delivering a reliable stablecoin that bridged the gap between coins stabilised with fiat currency collateral and coins backed by crypto collateral. Tribe holders gain the right to vote on adjustments to the stablecoin, FEI. Fei’s launch has been a rocky one. According to Coindesk, the briskly hyped launch in April 2021 was followed almost immediately by problems maintaining its intended 1:1 peg with the dollar. If you want a spot of colour, the Fei team claims their inspiration was the rai, aka fei – the stone currency used in ancient times on the Yap islands in Micronesia.
Tribe (TRIBE) is the 189th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $472,086,885. The current price of Tribe is $1.04, which is 0.881% higher than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $1.05 and $1.01 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of December 07, 2021 12:12 UTC.
Where to buy Tribe
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade TRIBE by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Tribe at a glance
|Total TRIBE supply||1,000,000,000|
|All time high||US$2.45|
|All time high date||April 03, 2021|
|Notable team members||Joey Santoro, Sebastian Delgado, Brianna Montgomery|
Tribe price performance over time
How to sell Tribe
You can cash out your TRIBE with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have TRIBE on.
If you store your Tribe in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of TRIBE you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Tribe.
What to consider when buying TribeBefore investing in cryptocurrencies, it’s a good tactic to thoroughly evaluate the purpose and execution of the token and network in order to understand the risk profile
- Instability. After the failures of the launch, the protocol’s future is, at best, in serious doubt. The entire purpose of stablecoins is to reflect the value of a reserve asset stably. Yet despite generous VC backing, Fei took more than a month to even come close to consistently meeting this target value. This is due to the failings of a complex algorithmic mechanism that unintentionally drove the FEI token further away from its intended stable price. You have other options, so think carefully if this is a project you want a say in the governance of.
- Token distribution. 10% of the total Tribe tokens minted have been set aside for staking rewards. That said, given the highly compromised start of the project, how bountiful these will be is a matter of some debate.
- Project development. In spite of Fei’s failings, it is still early days. There is no denying the sophistication of the protocol, its ambition, or its innovative take on some real problems. There has been real buy-in on the project from serious players, so it may be too early to write it off entirely. There is just no way to be sure.
Coins similar to Tribe (TRIBE)
Tribe (TRIBE) in the news
Cardano Upsurges As Markets Recuperate — Where ADA Is Headed In The Short-Term
Introducing Rabet Wallet For dApps and DeFi On Stellar
Gibraltar Will Integrate Blockchain Into Legacy Systems
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Tribe, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of TRIBE is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Tribe or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
Where to watch ER online in Australia
The emergency room is no place for the faint of heart.
Hands-on Binance tutorial for beginners (2021/22)
We run through how you buy and trade cryptocurrencies on the Binance exchange.
Ethereum within 2% of new all-time-high price as another global brand adopts NFTs
The past 7 days have seen ETH iron out its recent volatility-induced losses.
Bitcoin’s stagnation is alarming and could be followed by more bearish price action
The last 30-days have seen BTC register substantial losses of over 10%.
Australia’s best weekend deals for December 3, 2021
Australia's best weekend deals include 50% off at BCF, half-price ASICS shoes at Foot Locker, 80% off hot fashion at Nasty Gal.
Finder Daily Deals: The 7 best deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals include: $130 off Philips air fryers, $250 off Apple AirPods Max, 50% off at Myer.
What’s the last day you can shop online for Christmas? Retail cut-off dates
Here are the Christmas delivery cut-off dates for 50 major Australian retailers.
Kayo Sports for $2.50 a month: Grab this limited deal here
Kayo Sports, Australia's leading sports streaming platform, is offering a ridiculous deal for a short time.
Alphabet (GOOGL) share price, company profile and news
Steps to owning and managing Alphabet shares from in Australia.
Get into cryptocurrency
Ask an Expert