How to buy PIVX (PIVX) in Australia
Learn how to buy PIVX (PIVX) on 9+ crypto exchanges in our step-by-step guide.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
You can buy PIVX (PIVX) on a cryptocurrency exchange like Digital Surge. These specialised marketplaces that allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, and work similar to stock trading platforms. PIVX is a hard fork of Dash, one of cryptocurrency’s earliest privacy coins. Here's how to buy PIVX.
How to buy PIVX in 4 easy steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
- Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy PIVX is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
- Create an account To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
- Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – bank transfer, cryptocurrency, POLi and Osko payments are widely accepted.
- Buy PIVX You can now exchange your funds for PIVX. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your PIVX to your personal wallet.
Where to buy PIVX in Australia
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade PIVX by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How do I find the best places to buy PIVX?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in Australia to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy PIVX?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading PIVX.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing PIVX with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
Where can I buy PIVX with a credit or debit card?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy PIVX with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are popular deposit methods to buy PIVX on the following exchanges:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase PIVX by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for PIVX on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy PIVX?
The easiest way to buy PIVX is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying PIVX, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our Analysis tools to get an idea of how the price of PIVX has been performing recently.
Best PIVX wallets to store your PIVX
You can keep your PIVX on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Is PIVX a good investment?
When investing in cryptocurrency, it's important to perform ample due diligence due to their speculative nature. In the case of PIVX, here are some factors worth considering:
- Competition. Privacy was one of the very first focusses of blockchain-based currency, and has remained a point of emphasis as the ecosystem's evolved. The list of potential competitiors to PIVX’s market space is lengthy – Monero, Zcash, Decred, Horizen, Verge, Bytecoin and many others.
- Unique features. PIVX does a few things differently to a number of other privacy coins. For starters, PIVX burns 100% of all transaction fees in an effort to control inflation. Furthermore, PIVX was one of the first networks to enable private staking – the ability to earn interest on your locked-up tokens without having to share certain financial data. PIVX also has a native wallet which can be used for staking and private transactions.
- Developers. PIVX is largely community-developed. The project was initially founded by three developers known as Coin-Server, s3v3nh4cks and Stakebox, but governance of the network’s direction has always laid squarely with the community. Because it is community-led, PIVX is one of the most actively developed blockchain projects. You can view their ongoing proposals via the PIVX website. Voting rights are attained through staking tokens on the network.
Additional information about PIVX can be found using our PIVX analysis tools.
Today's PIVX price versus ATH
Compare today's price of PIVX ($0.100829 USD) against its all-time-high price of $13.56 USD on 10 January 2018. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer PIVX is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: January 10, 2018
PIVX ATH: $13.56 USD
How to trade, convert or sell PIVXYou can convert or sell your PIVX with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have PIVX on.
- If you store your PIVX in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of PIVX you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of PIVX.
- Complete your transaction and move your PIVX to a wallet for storage.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including PIVX, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of PIVX is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the PIVX or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy TrueAUD (TAUD) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy TrueAUD, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (TAUD).
Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on LUNC.
Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Terra Luna Classic and how the token will perform in the future.
How to buy Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (LUNC).
How to buy STEPN Green Satoshi Token on Solana (GST-SOL) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy STEPN Green Satoshi Token on Solana, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GST-SOL).
How to buy STEPN (GMT) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy STEPN, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GMT).
How to buy The Sandbox (SAND) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy The Sandbox, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (SAND).
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Shiba Inu and how the token will perform in the future.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Shiba Inu, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SHIB.
Sell Litecoin in 4 steps
Finding the right way to sell Litecoin is just as important as finding the right option to buy it. In this guide, we break down the options available and the factors to consider.
Get into cryptocurrency
Ask an Expert