How to buy Ocean Protocol (OCEAN) in Australia
Learn how to buy Ocean Protocol (OCEAN) easily by following a step-by-step guide and compare 10+ crypto exchanges.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy Ocean Protocol
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Ocean Protocol.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports OCEAN.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Ocean Protocol.
- Buy Ocean Protocol.
Complete your Ocean Protocol purchase and then find the best wallet to store OCEAN.
What is Ocean Protocol?
Ocean Protocol is designed to allow anyone to devise their very own decentralised data marketplaces, where users can freely exchange their data with consumers, all while keeping an accurate tab of where their information is being transmitted (in real-time), who has previously gained access to the info and much more. Thanks to its unique operational setup, the Ocean Protocol is looking to make data more freely available for the masses, potentially preventing the creation of data monopolies – much like what Facebook, Twitter and Google have done in recent times. In this regard, the OCEAN token is used primarily as means of exchange within the ecosystem. For example, data providers are able to acquire the cryptocurrency every time their information is sold to someone or whenever third-party clients employ the information to run their AI algorithms.
Ocean Protocol (OCEAN) is the 195th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $511,959,638. The current price of Ocean Protocol is $1.18, which is -0.082% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $1.27 and $1.17 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of December 02, 2021 05:12 UTC.
Where to buy Ocean Protocol
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade OCEAN by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Is it a good time to buy Ocean Protocol?
The technical analysis gauge for Ocean Protocol displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation to buy, sell or trade. It represents a technical analysis of Ocean Protocol based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
This chart is not advice or a guarantee of success. Rather, it gauges the real-time recommendations of three popular technical indicators based on the performance of Ocean Protocol: moving averages, oscillators and pivots. Finder is not responsible for how OCEAN performs.
Ocean Protocol at a glance
|Total OCEAN supply||613,099,141|
|All time high date||August 11, 2019|
|Notable team members||Bruce Pon, Trent McConaghy|
|Partnerships||Daimler South East Asia, dexFreight, MOBI, Roche Diagnostics, Zühlke|
|Industry||Decentralised data exchange|
|Token uses||Utility token|
Ocean Protocol price performance over time
How to sell Ocean Protocol
You can cash out your OCEAN with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have OCEAN on.
If you store your Ocean Protocol in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of OCEAN you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Ocean Protocol.
What to consider when buying Ocean ProtocolBelow are the aspects you should consider before investing in OCEAN:
- Unique operational model: Though Ocean provides users with direct access to a wide array of data, the information being exchanged across the platform’s various marketplaces is not stored on the protocol itself. Instead, the original data owner retains complete control of their info and is basically free to share it with any third-party user once he/she has fulfilled certain conditions (i.e. made the required payment, etc.).
- The Ocean Data Platform: This is one of the core components of the Ocean ecosystem. Using this platform, owners are able to facilitate a wide range of data access-related activities (i.e. who gets to view, use the information). Not only that, the platform also comes replete with a number of useful tools (smart contracts, SDKs) that individuals can make use of in order to set up their personal marketplaces.
- Successful use cases: The Ocean Protocol has been used quite successfully in various mainstream settings in recent times. For example, back in 2019, sgCarMart integrated Ocean Protocol into its existing marketplace for buying and selling used cars. Thanks to this integration, buyers are now able to gain access to a wide range of accurate, verifiable data on their second-hand car purchases – for example, detailed reports on prior mechanical issues, historical ownership data, etc. Not only that, in 2020, Ocean concluded a proof-of-concept with German automotive giant Daimler, essentially showcasing a variety of different ways that the company could use its protocol to share its data as well as supply chain info in a highly secure manner.
Coins similar to Ocean Protocol (OCEAN)
Ocean Protocol (OCEAN) in the news
Blockchain.com Grows Presence In Latin America With SeSocio Acquisition
Payments Company Square Rebrands to ‘Block Inc.,’ Crypto Service Will Be Called ‘Spiral’
SEC rejects WisdomTree's application for spot Bitcoin ETF
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Ocean Protocol, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of OCEAN is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Ocean Protocol or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
The Best Black Friday tech deals in Australia
Black Friday has landed, which means its time to get a deal on some fancy tech, from phones and headphones to laptops and cameras.
Cyber Weekend Christmas shopping deals for kids and teens: Get 60% off
Black Friday's best Christmas shopping deals for kids include Lego for 40% off, 38% off Beyblade, LEGO bargains galore and big Bluey discounts
7 steps to building your passive income
Setting a goal of making $200k per year passive income may seem all but unattainable, but investing experts Scott & Mina O'Neill say it's possible.
A-League fans! Here are 10 (more) reasons to get Paramount Plus
Come for the football, stay for the quality original TV.
Ethereum price gains 10% in a week – here’s why that could continue
In spite of the recent crash which saw nearly AU $400 billion being wiped out from the market, ETH has been able to register monthly gains of over 6%.
Crypto markets dive, but Bitcoin price remains resilient – here’s why that could change
Over the course of the last 14-days, Bitcoin has registered losses of over 16%.
The Best iPhone Black Friday deals in Australia: Save $300+ on an iPhone
Top Black Friday iPhone deals include 26% off the iPhone 12 Mini at The Good Guys and cut-price refurbished models at Amazon and eBay.
Black Friday TV deals in Australia: Up to $3,000 off smart TVs
The best Black Friday 2021 discounts include over $1,000 off 75-inch and 85-inch smart TVs from Samsung and Hisense.
50 best Black Friday deals: Tech, games, beauty, fashion and more
We've handpicked the 50 best Black Friday deals available in Australia right now, including tech favourites, games, toys, beauty, homewares and more.
eBay Australia’s best Black Friday 2021 deals with up to 75% off
We've handpicked the 50 best Black Friday deals available from eBay right now, including tech, games, home appliances and more.
Get into cryptocurrency
Ask an Expert