How to buy Ocean Protocol (OCEAN) in Australia
A beginner's guide to buying and selling OCEAN in Australia.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy Ocean Protocol
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Ocean Protocol.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports OCEAN.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Ocean Protocol.
- Buy Ocean Protocol.
Complete your Ocean Protocol purchase and then find the best wallet to store OCEAN.
What is Ocean Protocol?
Ocean Protocol is designed to allow anyone to devise their very own decentralised data marketplaces, where users can freely exchange their data with consumers, all while keeping an accurate tab of where their information is being transmitted (in real-time), who has previously gained access to the info and much more. Thanks to its unique operational setup, the Ocean Protocol is looking to make data more freely available for the masses, potentially preventing the creation of data monopolies – much like what Facebook, Twitter and Google have done in recent times. In this regard, the OCEAN token is used primarily as means of exchange within the ecosystem. For example, data providers are able to acquire the cryptocurrency every time their information is sold to someone or whenever third-party clients employ the information to run their AI algorithms.
Ocean Protocol (OCEAN) is the 178th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $216,825,752. The current price of Ocean Protocol is $0.50572, which is 0.021% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $0.50865 and $0.471801 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of June 14, 2021 03:06 UTC.
Where to buy Ocean ProtocolFind an exchange to buy, sell and trade OCEAN by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Ocean Protocol at a glance
|Total OCEAN supply||613,099,141|
|All time high date||August 11, 2019|
|Notable team members||Bruce Pon, Trent McConaghy|
|Partnerships||Daimler South East Asia, dexFreight, MOBI, Roche Diagnostics, Zühlke|
|Industry||Decentralised data exchange|
|Token uses||Utility token|
Ocean Protocol price performance over time
How to sell Ocean Protocol
You can cash out your OCEAN with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have OCEAN on.
If you store your Ocean Protocol in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of OCEAN you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Ocean Protocol.
What to consider when buying cryptocurrencyBuying cryptocurrency can be a risky endeavor, but there are precautions you can take to help mitigate risk:
- Don't FOMO buy coins: Spend time researching a coin before you decide to invest, particularly if the coin's price is spiking for seemingly no reason.
- Stick with well known exchanges: Unless you're an experienced cryptocurrency trader, stick to more well known crypto exchanges to help avoid the possibility of losing your money in a scam. When possible, store your crypto on a hardware wallet instead of on an exchange.
- Look into the coin's founders and developers: Anonymous teams are often a red flag, so if you can't find details on the creator of the coin you may want to consider investing in a different cryptocurrency.
Latest crypto guides
Ask an Expert