How to buy Metis Token (METIS) in Australia
Learn how to buy Metis Token (METIS) easily by following a step-by-step guide and comparing 10+ crypto exchanges.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy Metis
1. Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy Metis is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
2. Create an account
To create an account on an exchange you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
3. Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, paypal, wire transfer and credit or debit card payments are widely accepted.
4. Buy Metis
You can now exchange your funds for Metis. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as easy as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like you can now withdraw your Metis to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Metis in Australia
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade METIS by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Steps on how to buy Metis
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Metis.
- Compare cryptocurrency exchanges that support METIS.
Cryptocurrency exchanges differ by fees, security and payment methods, so you'll need to research which is the right fit for you. As a beginner, you don't need a big range of features, and you can always change exchanges later.
- Create an account on an exchange.
You can sign up for an account by selecting the Go to site button. This will take you to the account creation page, where you can fill in your details, starting with your name and email address..
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Metis.
- Buy Metis.
Complete your Metis purchase and then find the best wallet to store METIS.
What to consider when buying Metis
It is good practice to review all aspects of a cryptocurrency and the associated platform before investing. Here are a few things to consider before purchasing METIS:
- Popularity of other layer-1 blockchains: Other blockchains such as Polkadot, Cardano, and Solana have already attracted many Ethereum users and developers thanks to higher throughput, quicker transaction times, and lower fees. While L2s can also offer high throughput, quick transaction times and low gas fees, the success of L2s is still reliant on the popularity of the Ethereum blockchain. Less traffic on Ethereum may deter dApp developers from building on L2s such as Metis. All potential investors of METIS should pay close attention to which dApps are being developed using the protocol.
- TLV on METIS: The total value locked (TVL) on Metis will signal users' interest in trading, investing, and making transactions on the Rollup platform. TVL is a common metric to measure a chain’s success in attracting users and developers who are willing to commit capital for long periods of time. The indicator can be a great measure for gauging the popularity of a protocol, blockchain, liquidity pool, or validator node and should be considered before any investment is made. The TVL of Metis should be compared against other L2 solutions such as Optimism and Arbitrum.
- Future Ethereum development: The most appealing factor of using an L2 is avoiding the competitive fees often associated with the Ethereum layer-1 blockchain. However, Ethereum is currently undergoing an infrastructure overhaul to Ethereum 2.0. Ethereum 2.0 may result is a significant drop in transaction costs, which could make the use of L2s redundant. DApp developers may opt to stay on Ethereum after the upgrade has been processed, however, the date of the final Ethereum 2.0 upgrade is currently unknown.
How to sell Metis
You can cash out your METIS with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have METIS on.
If you store your Metis in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of METIS you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Metis.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Metis, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of METIS is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Metis or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Green Satoshi Token (GST) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Green Satoshi Token, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GST).
How to buy STEPN (GMT) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy STEPN, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GMT).
How to buy The Sandbox (SAND) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy The Sandbox, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (SAND).
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Shiba Inu and how the token will perform in the future.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Shiba Inu, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SHIB.
Sell Litecoin in 4 steps
Finding the right way to sell Litecoin is just as important as finding the right option to buy it. In this guide, we break down the options available and the factors to consider.
TrueAUD (TAUD) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on TrueAUD and how the token will perform in the future.
ApeCoin (APE) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on ApeCoin and how the token will perform in the future.
ADAPad (ADAPAD) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on ADAPad and how the token will perform in the future.
Paribus (PBX) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Paribus and how the token will perform in the future.
Get into cryptocurrency
Ask an Expert