How to buy MAI (MIMATIC) in Australia
Learn how to buy MAI (MIMATIC) easily by following a step-by-step guide and comparing 10+ crypto exchanges.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Where to buy MAI in Australia
Unfortunately, at this time no major exchanges in Australia offer this coin. However, you may be able to purchase it with another cryptocurrency, just be sure you're following all legal restrictions and requirements.
Consider buying a different cryptocurrency after comparing popular exchanges.
It looks like MIMATIC may not be available to purchase on an exchange in Australia.
You can still purchase MIMATIC by using a decentralised exchange (DEX) instead. decentralised exchanges are web applications that run on blockchains like Polygon and allow users to trade any asset directly with one another.
Decentralised exchanges (DEX) are unregulated and run using autonomous pieces of code known as smart contracts. To use a DEX you must interact with the blockchain directly, which is not recommended for novice users. Please learn about decentralised exchanges first if you're unfamiliar.
How to purchase MIMATIC using a decentralised exchange.
- Find MIMATIC on a decentralised exchange and make sure MAI can be traded for MATIC which is the native asset of Polygon. Popular DEXs on Polygon include QuickSwap, SushiSwap and Balancer.
- Buy MATIC to trade for MIMATIC using an exchange like . You will need to purchase enough MATIC to swap for MIMATIC as well as some MATIC to pay for transaction fees which typically cost no more than a cent.
- Transfer the MATIC into a web 3.0 wallet like MetaMask to connect to the DEX.
- Trade MATIC for MIMATIC on the DEX of your choice, following the instructions on screen. Make sure to leave enough MATIC in your wallet to pay for gas.
- Wait for the transaction to finalise and the MIMATIC tokens will arrive in your wallet.
- You may now keep the tokens in your web 3.0 wallet or transfer them somewhere more secure like a hardware wallet.
You can follow the same process when you want to sell your tokens, or come back to this page to see if they can now be traded on an exchange in Australia.
What to consider when buying MAI
Buying cryptocurrency can be a risky endeavor, but there are precautions you can take to help mitigate risk:
- Don't FOMO buy coins: Spend time researching a coin before you decide to invest, particularly if the coin's price is spiking for seemingly no reason.
- Stick with well known exchanges: Unless you're an experienced cryptocurrency trader, stick to more well known crypto exchanges to help avoid the possibility of losing your money in a scam. When possible, store your crypto on a hardware wallet instead of on an exchange.
- Look into the coin's founders and developers: Anonymous teams are often a red flag, so if you can't find details on the creator of the coin you may want to consider investing in a different cryptocurrency.
How to sell MAI
You can cash out your MIMATIC with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have MIMATIC on.
If you store your MAI in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of MIMATIC you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of MAI.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including MAI, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of MIMATIC is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the MAI or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Green Satoshi Token (GST) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Green Satoshi Token, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GST).
How to buy STEPN (GMT) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy STEPN, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GMT).
How to buy The Sandbox (SAND) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy The Sandbox, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (SAND).
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Shiba Inu and how the token will perform in the future.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Shiba Inu, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SHIB.
Sell Litecoin in 4 steps
Finding the right way to sell Litecoin is just as important as finding the right option to buy it. In this guide, we break down the options available and the factors to consider.
TrueAUD (TAUD) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on TrueAUD and how the token will perform in the future.
ApeCoin (APE) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on ApeCoin and how the token will perform in the future.
ADAPad (ADAPAD) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on ADAPad and how the token will perform in the future.
Paribus (PBX) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Paribus and how the token will perform in the future.
Get into cryptocurrency
Ask an Expert