How to buy Liquity (LQTY) in Australia
Learn how to buy Liquity (LQTY) easily by following a step-by-step guide and comparing 10+ crypto exchanges.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy Liquity
1. Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy Liquity is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
2. Create an account
To create an account on an exchange you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
3. Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – debit card, wire transfer, advcash and cryptocurrency payments are widely accepted.
4. Buy Liquity
You can now exchange your funds for Liquity. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as easy as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like you can now withdraw your Liquity to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Liquity in Australia
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade LQTY by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Steps on how to buy Liquity
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Liquity.
- Compare cryptocurrency exchanges that support LQTY.
Cryptocurrency exchanges differ by fees, security and payment methods, so you'll need to research which is the right fit for you. As a beginner, you don't need a big range of features, and you can always change exchanges later.
- Create an account on an exchange.
You can sign up for an account by selecting the Go to site button. This will take you to the account creation page, where you can fill in your details, starting with your name and email address..
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Liquity.
- Buy Liquity.
Complete your Liquity purchase and then find the best wallet to store LQTY.
What to consider when buying Liquity
Buying cryptocurrency can be a risky endeavor, but there are precautions you can take to help mitigate risk. In the case of LQTY, here are some things worth considering:
- Frontend: Interestingly, the Liquity developers do not operate a frontend for accessing the protocol. Instead, third-party services are in charge of integrating, deploying and hosting the application. These operators are rewarded with a proportion of LQTY tokens generated.
- Stability pool: As a lending platform, Liquity has measures in place to prevent substantial economic damages and ensuring solvency. One of these key strategies is a stability pool, which is used to back the LUSD stablecoin. To achieve this, Liquity has an incentive program for Stability Providers, where they deposit their LUSD in exchange for a pro-rata share of liquidated collateral. Collateral is typically liquidated whenever the ratio from a specific borrower drops under the minimum 110%.
- Token use-case: LQTY can be earned in three ways – by contributing to the stability pool, creating a frontend to host the Liquity infrastructure, or by participating in Uniswap’s LUSD liquidity pool. LQTY can then be staked for additional income, which comes in the form of fees from issuing loans.
- Competition: Liquity is a unique protocol that lets users borrow a stablecoin interest-free, with a relatively low minimum collateral. However, it is far from the only decentralised lending protocol out there, and its point of difference may not be enough to drive adoption. Platforms such as Aave, Curve and Kava all provide relatively similar services with already-established userbases.
How to sell Liquity
You can cash out your LQTY with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have LQTY on.
If you store your Liquity in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of LQTY you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Liquity.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Liquity, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of LQTY is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Liquity or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Green Satoshi Token (GST) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Green Satoshi Token, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GST).
How to buy STEPN (GMT) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy STEPN, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GMT).
How to buy The Sandbox (SAND) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy The Sandbox, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (SAND).
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Shiba Inu and how the token will perform in the future.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Shiba Inu, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SHIB.
Sell Litecoin in 4 steps
Finding the right way to sell Litecoin is just as important as finding the right option to buy it. In this guide, we break down the options available and the factors to consider.
TrueAUD (TAUD) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on TrueAUD and how the token will perform in the future.
ApeCoin (APE) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on ApeCoin and how the token will perform in the future.
ADAPad (ADAPAD) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on ADAPad and how the token will perform in the future.
Paribus (PBX) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Paribus and how the token will perform in the future.
Get into cryptocurrency
Ask an Expert