How to buy LA (LA) in Australia
Learn how to buy LA (LA) in our step-by-step guide.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Where to buy LA in Australia
It looks like LA may not be available to purchase on an exchange in Australia.
You can still purchase LA by using a decentralised exchange (DEX) instead. Decentralised exchanges are web applications that run on blockchains like Ethereum and allow users to trade any asset directly with one another.
Decentralised exchanges (DEX) are unregulated and run using autonomous pieces of code known as smart contracts. To use a DEX you must interact with the blockchain directly, which is not recommended for novice users. Please learn about decentralised exchanges first if you're unfamiliar.
How to purchase LA using a decentralised exchange.
- Find LA on a decentralised exchange and make sure LA can be traded for ETH which is the native asset of Ethereum. Popular DEXs include Uniswap, SushiSwap and 1INCH.
- Buy ETH to trade for LA using an exchange like Binance. You will need to purchase enough ETH to swap for LA as well as ETH to pay for transaction fees on the Ethereum network (known as gas). You can use a service like Etherscan to get an idea of how much gas fees currently cost.
- Transfer the ETH into a web 3.0 wallet like MetaMask to connect to the DEX.
- Trade ETH for LA on the DEX of your choice, following the instructions on screen. Make sure to leave enough ETH in your wallet to pay for gas.
- Wait for the transaction to finalise and the LA tokens will arrive in your wallet.
- You may now keep the tokens in your web 3.0 wallet or transfer them somewhere more secure like a hardware wallet.
You can follow the same process when you want to sell your tokens, or come back to this page to see if they can now be traded on an exchange in Australia.
Best LA wallets to store your LA
You can keep your LA on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Is LA a good investment?Due to the volatile and risky nature of the cryptocurrency markets, it is highly critical that you conduct thorough research and due diligence before investing in a certain token. There are a few aspects you should consider before adding LA to your cryptocurrency portfolio:
- Supply: LA has a circulating supply of 61 million tokens with a maximum supply of 400 million. Since only 15% of the maximum supply of the token is currently in supply, this is an inflationary asset.
- Largest IEO market: According to Inwara, a research firm, LATOKEN is the largest Initial Exchange Offering market. Since its establishment in 2017, it has connected with over 130 startups and has over 400,000 users of the platform with 1.5 million visitors every month. Entrepreneurs can access funding through LATOKEN IEO Launchpad.
- Tokenisation: The unique value proposition that LATOKEN brings to its users is the tokenisation of assets ranging from stocks, commodities and debt instruments to real estate and artwork. They do this by offering you assets to tokens directly linked to the price of these assets.
- Decentralised Finance (DeFi): The company has launched a decentralised exchange (DEX) that supports ERC-20 standard tokens, LADEX. They are also building a product for the security tokens market called LACHAIN.
Additional information about LA can be found using our LA analysis tools.
Today's LA price versus ATH
Compare today's price of LA ($0.059552 USD) against its all-time-high price of $2020-05-12T01:24:42.413Z USD on 01 January 1970. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer LA is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: May 12, 2020
LA ATH: $1.82 USD
How to trade, convert or sell LAYou can convert or sell your LA with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have LA on.
- If you store your LA in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of LA you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of LA.
- Complete your transaction and move your LA to a wallet for storage.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including LA, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of LA is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the LA or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy TrueAUD (TAUD) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy TrueAUD, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (TAUD).
Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on LUNC.
Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Terra Luna Classic and how the token will perform in the future.
How to buy Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (LUNC).
How to buy STEPN Green Satoshi Token on Solana (GST-SOL) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy STEPN Green Satoshi Token on Solana, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GST-SOL).
How to buy STEPN (GMT) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy STEPN, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GMT).
How to buy The Sandbox (SAND) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy The Sandbox, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (SAND).
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Shiba Inu and how the token will perform in the future.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Shiba Inu, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SHIB.
Sell Litecoin in 4 steps
Finding the right way to sell Litecoin is just as important as finding the right option to buy it. In this guide, we break down the options available and the factors to consider.
Get into cryptocurrency
Ask an Expert