How to buy JUNO (JUNO) in Australia
Learn how to buy JUNO (JUNO) easily by following a step-by-step guide and comparing 10+ crypto exchanges.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy JUNO
1. Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy JUNO is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
2. Create an account
To create an account on an exchange you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
3. Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency and epay payments are widely accepted.
4. Buy JUNO
You can now exchange your funds for JUNO. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as easy as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like you can now withdraw your JUNO to your personal wallet.
Where to buy JUNO in Australia
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade JUNO by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Steps on how to buy JUNO
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying JUNO.
- Compare cryptocurrency exchanges that support JUNO.
Cryptocurrency exchanges differ by fees, security and payment methods, so you'll need to research which is the right fit for you. As a beginner, you don't need a big range of features, and you can always change exchanges later.
- Create an account on an exchange.
You can sign up for an account by selecting the Go to site button. This will take you to the account creation page, where you can fill in your details, starting with your name and email address..
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy JUNO.
- Buy JUNO.
Complete your JUNO purchase and then find the best wallet to store JUNO.
What to consider when buying JUNO
JUNO is the native cryptocurrency of the Juno ecosystem and is designed to facilitate a range of internal operations connected with the platform. Here are a few factors to consider before investing in this altcoin:
- Scalable design:Despite the platform being a Layer-1 solution, it has been designed using a novel smart contract framework that alleviates the transaction bottlenecks affecting many popular blockchains. In addition to being highly scalable, Juno is able to maintain a high degree of decentralisation which helps to aid client security.
- Future ready design:Thanks to its use of the CosmWasm module, the project is able to deploy WebAssembly (WASM) based virtual machines (VMs). These VMs are known to enable dApp creation across a host of different programming languages while being executable within various blockchain environments. Furthermore, the applications are known to deliver a high level of customer security, performance, and speed. Flexibility such as this may help to increase Juno adoption and, therefore, place a demand on the native JUNO coin.
- No smart contract deployed on mainnet: Juno is still a young project. As a result, smart contracts have not yet been deployed on the mainnet blockchain. The deployment of these smart contracts could still be delayed which may then halt the deployment of useful dApps. The number of dApps hosted on the Juno blockchain will ultimately control the demand for the JUNO coin.
- Decentralised token distribution: The team at Juno have tried to decentralise the token distribution of JUNO as much as possible. The maximum supply of JUNO tokens was capped at approximately 185 million. Of this, 47% of the supply was instantly airdropped to the Juno community. Only 2.74% was saved for the Juno development team, which now vests over a 12 year period. The remaining supply was then divided between the community pool (30%), JunoHacks (3.6%), and core development (15.54%).
How to sell JUNO
You can cash out your JUNO with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have JUNO on.
If you store your JUNO in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of JUNO you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of JUNO.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including JUNO, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of JUNO is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the JUNO or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Green Satoshi Token (GST) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Green Satoshi Token, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GST).
How to buy STEPN (GMT) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy STEPN, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GMT).
How to buy The Sandbox (SAND) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy The Sandbox, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (SAND).
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Shiba Inu and how the token will perform in the future.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Shiba Inu, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SHIB.
Sell Litecoin in 4 steps
Finding the right way to sell Litecoin is just as important as finding the right option to buy it. In this guide, we break down the options available and the factors to consider.
TrueAUD (TAUD) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on TrueAUD and how the token will perform in the future.
ApeCoin (APE) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on ApeCoin and how the token will perform in the future.
ADAPad (ADAPAD) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on ADAPad and how the token will perform in the future.
Paribus (PBX) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Paribus and how the token will perform in the future.
Get into cryptocurrency
Ask an Expert