How to buy Ignis (IGNIS) in Australia
Learn how to buy Ignis (IGNIS) in our step-by-step guide.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
You can buy Ignis (IGNIS) on a cryptocurrency exchange like Paybis. These specialised marketplaces that allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, and work similar to stock trading platforms. Ignis is the first child chain of the Ardor blockchain. Here's how to buy Ignis.
How to buy Ignis in 4 easy steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
- Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy Ignis is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
- Create an account To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
- Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – bank transfer, cryptocurrency, neteller and skrill payments are widely accepted.
- Buy Ignis You can now exchange your funds for Ignis. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Ignis to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Ignis in Australia
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade IGNIS by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How do I find the best places to buy Ignis?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in Australia to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Ignis?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Ignis.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing IGNIS with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
Where can I buy Ignis with a credit or debit card?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy IGNIS with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are popular deposit methods to buy IGNIS on the following exchanges:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase IGNIS by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for IGNIS on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Ignis?
The easiest way to buy IGNIS is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying IGNIS, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our Analysis tools to get an idea of how the price of Ignis has been performing recently.
Best Ignis wallets to store your IGNIS
You can keep your IGNIS on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Is Ignis a good investment?Cryptocurrency purchases should always be evaluated as digital assets can be extremely volatile. Here are some factors to consider before purchasing Ignis:
- Ease of use: Owing to the fact that Ignis is a completely permissionless protocol, it can be used by anyone without any developmental restrictions. Since the platform is compatible with all of Ardor’s native functionality modules, it is able to support the latest contracts and main-net features.
- Distribution: The maximum supply of IGNIS coins was capped at just less than 1 billion. 440 million were sold during an initial coin offering. 500 million were airdropped to holders of a predecessor coin, Nxt. The remaining 60 million have been kept by Jelurida.
- High security: Using IGNIS it is possible to add another layer of security to an Ardor account. According to the official project whitepaper, Ignis allows users to establish an “approval account” that monitors all outgoing transactions — much like a decentralised 2FA system.
- Asset issuance: Ignis offers users the ability to mint new digital tokens, which can be completed within minutes. All a user has to do is set the number of tokens to be minted and define the intrinsic monetary properties. This could be attractive for new projects wishing to establish themselves on the blockchain.
Additional information about Ignis can be found using our IGNIS analysis tools.
Today's Ignis price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Ignis ($0.00583609 USD) against its all-time-high price of $2022-05-10T19:14:20.247Z USD on 01 January 1970. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer IGNIS is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: May 10, 2022
Ignis ATH: $20.25 USD
How to trade, convert or sell IgnisYou can convert or sell your IGNIS with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have IGNIS on.
- If you store your Ignis in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of IGNIS you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Ignis.
- Complete your transaction and move your IGNIS to a wallet for storage.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Ignis, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of IGNIS is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Ignis or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy TrueAUD (TAUD) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy TrueAUD, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (TAUD).
Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on LUNC.
Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Terra Luna Classic and how the token will perform in the future.
How to buy Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (LUNC).
How to buy STEPN Green Satoshi Token on Solana (GST-SOL) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy STEPN Green Satoshi Token on Solana, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GST-SOL).
How to buy STEPN (GMT) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy STEPN, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GMT).
How to buy The Sandbox (SAND) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy The Sandbox, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (SAND).
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Shiba Inu and how the token will perform in the future.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Shiba Inu, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SHIB.
Sell Litecoin in 4 steps
Finding the right way to sell Litecoin is just as important as finding the right option to buy it. In this guide, we break down the options available and the factors to consider.
Get into cryptocurrency
Ask an Expert