How to buy Hive (HIVE) in Australia
Learn how to buy Hive (HIVE) easily by following a step-by-step guide and compare 10+ crypto exchanges.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy Hive
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Hive.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports HIVE.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Hive.
- Buy Hive.
Complete your Hive purchase and then find the best wallet to store HIVE.
What is Hive?
Hive is an open-source blockchain designed to serve as a decentralised information-sharing network. According to the Hive website, its aim is to increase the adoption of cryptocurrencies and decentralised platforms by offering rapid processing speeds, with fee-less transactions.
Hive already hosts a wide array of decentralised applications (dapps) and wants to be one of the prominent development blockchains in the Web 3.0 Internet. Thanks to its unique operational set-up, it is able to ensure that the ecosystem can support a wide array of content creators, investors and developers.
The HIVE token is the native cryptocurrency of the platform. It can be used for facilitating internal transactions as well as for securing the network by staking in the platform's Delegated Proof of Stake (DPoS) protocol.
Hive (HIVE) is the 152nd largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $786,000,070. The current price of Hive is $2.14, which is -3.041% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $2.46 and $2 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of November 28, 2021 11:11 UTC.
Where to buy Hive
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade HIVE by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Is it a good time to buy Hive?
The technical analysis gauge for Hive displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation to buy, sell or trade. It represents a technical analysis of Hive based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
This chart is not advice or a guarantee of success. Rather, it gauges the real-time recommendations of three popular technical indicators based on the performance of Hive: moving averages, oscillators and pivots. Finder is not responsible for how HIVE performs.
Hive at a glance
|All time high||US$3.41|
|Token uses||Utility token|
Hive price performance over time
How to sell Hive
You can cash out your HIVE with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have HIVE on.
If you store your Hive in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of HIVE you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Hive.
What to consider when buying HiveBefore investing in HIVE, it's important to understand all aspects of the associated platform and any potential risks.
- Tokenomics: The HIVE token has a decreasing inflation rate, which means that fewer HIVE tokens are minted with time. The minting rate decreases by 0.01% every 250,000 blocks of the Hive blockchain. This is equivalent to 0.5% per year. Although implementing a decreasing inflation rate, the project states that there is no upper limit to HIVE token supply.
- Solid founding team: The project was founded by Olivier Roussy Newton (co-founder and president) and Harry Pokrandt (co-founder and CEO). In the past, Newton has worked for many major tech firms and co-founded peripheral crypto projects including DeFi Holdings, Valour and Exponential Genomics Inc. (Xenomics). Similarly, Pokrandt was previously an executive for Sandspring Resources.
- Transparency: All protocol changes that are initiated within the Hive network are proposed and developed via a collaborative process that involves a massive amount of network participation. All of the proposed changes are open source-based, which means they can be traced by anyone from their initiation phase to their final deployment.
- Industry partnerships: Since its launch, Hive has made agreements with several prominent firms operating within the cryptocurrency space. The HIVE token can be acquired via a number of reputable trading platforms including Bittrex, Huobi, Binance, BitThumb, GOPAX, UpBit and WazirX.
Coins similar to Hive (HIVE)
Hive (HIVE) in the news
UK digital services tax targets crypto exchanges
Crypto Corner: The Sports Slice
Top 5 cryptocurrencies to watch this week: BTC, BNB, LUNA, MANA, SAND
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Hive, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of HIVE is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Hive or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
The Best Black Friday tech deals in Australia
Black Friday has landed, which means its time to get a deal on some fancy tech, from phones and headphones to laptops and cameras.
Cyber Weekend Christmas shopping deals for kids and teens: Get 60% off
Black Friday's best Christmas shopping deals for kids include Lego for 40% off, 38% off Beyblade, LEGO bargains galore and big Bluey discounts
7 steps to building your passive income
Setting a goal of making $200k per year passive income may seem all but unattainable, but investing experts Scott & Mina O'Neill say it's possible.
A-League fans! Here are 10 (more) reasons to get Paramount Plus
Come for the football, stay for the quality original TV.
Ethereum price gains 10% in a week – here’s why that could continue
In spite of the recent crash which saw nearly AU $400 billion being wiped out from the market, ETH has been able to register monthly gains of over 6%.
Crypto markets dive, but Bitcoin’s price remains resilient – here’s why that could change
Over the course of the last 14 days, Bitcoin has registered losses of over 16%.
The Best iPhone Black Friday deals in Australia: Save $300+ on an iPhone
Top Black Friday iPhone deals include 26% off the iPhone 12 Mini at The Good Guys and cut-price refurbished models at Amazon and eBay.
Black Friday TV deals in Australia: Up to $3,000 off smart TVs
The best Black Friday 2021 discounts include over $1,000 off 75-inch and 85-inch smart TVs from Samsung and Hisense.
50 best Black Friday deals: Tech, games, beauty, fashion and more
We've handpicked the 50 best Black Friday deals available in Australia right now, including tech favourites, games, toys, beauty, homewares and more.
eBay Australia’s best Black Friday 2021 deals with up to 75% off
We've handpicked the 50 best Black Friday deals available from eBay right now, including tech, games, home appliances and more.
Get into cryptocurrency
Ask an Expert