How to buy Everest (ID) in Australia
Learn how to buy Everest (ID) in our step-by-step guide.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Where to buy Everest in Australia
It looks like ID may not be available to purchase on an exchange in Australia.
You can still purchase ID by using a decentralised exchange (DEX) instead. Decentralised exchanges are web applications that run on blockchains like Ethereum and allow users to trade any asset directly with one another.
Decentralised exchanges (DEX) are unregulated and run using autonomous pieces of code known as smart contracts. To use a DEX you must interact with the blockchain directly, which is not recommended for novice users. Please learn about decentralised exchanges first if you're unfamiliar.
How to purchase ID using a decentralised exchange.
- Find ID on a decentralised exchange and make sure Everest can be traded for ETH which is the native asset of Ethereum. Popular DEXs include Uniswap, SushiSwap and 1INCH.
- Buy ETH to trade for ID using an exchange like Binance. You will need to purchase enough ETH to swap for ID as well as ETH to pay for transaction fees on the Ethereum network (known as gas). You can use a service like Etherscan to get an idea of how much gas fees currently cost.
- Transfer the ETH into a web 3.0 wallet like MetaMask to connect to the DEX.
- Trade ETH for ID on the DEX of your choice, following the instructions on screen. Make sure to leave enough ETH in your wallet to pay for gas.
- Wait for the transaction to finalise and the ID tokens will arrive in your wallet.
- You may now keep the tokens in your web 3.0 wallet or transfer them somewhere more secure like a hardware wallet.
You can follow the same process when you want to sell your tokens, or come back to this page to see if they can now be traded on an exchange in Australia.
Best Everest wallets to store your ID
You can keep your ID on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Is Everest a good investment?Cryptocurrency purchases can be extremely risky and, therefore, should be considered thoroughly. There are a number of factors to consider before investing in the ID token.
- Adoption. EverID wants to reshape 20% of the global economy. The success of EverID’s impressive plans, therefore, hinges on the adoption of their services. A key goal of device-free identity verification is to provide those without access to the Internet or a computer the same economic opportunities as the rest of the world. However, considering ID tokens need to be used when providing these services, a significant uptake through governments, big businesses and society is necessary going forward.
- Competition. Though EverID’s focus as a digital decentralised identifier (DID) is relatively unique, their overarching goal of providing global, accessible financial services to the population is a common theme in the cryptocurrency sphere. It was one of the motivators for blockchain technology being invented in the first place. Although perhaps ahead of the game, other digital identity solutions are starting to emerge in the industry, with the W3C aiming to standardise the process in 2021.
- Availability. EverID aims to provide over 1 billion people access to their services. How the team develops the ID token’s accessibility will be pivotal to its success. As of July 2021, the coin is not widely available and cannot be purchased from major exchanges like Binance or Coinbase. The easiest way to purchase ID tokens is to trade them for another digital currency via a decentralised exchange like Uniswap.
Additional information about Everest can be found using our ID analysis tools.
Today's Everest price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Everest ($0.071582 USD) against its all-time-high price of $1.98 USD on 09 April 2021. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer ID is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: April 09, 2021
Everest ATH: $1.98 USD
How to trade, convert or sell EverestYou can convert or sell your ID with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have ID on.
- If you store your Everest in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of ID you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Everest.
- Complete your transaction and move your ID to a wallet for storage.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Everest, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of ID is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Everest or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy TrueAUD (TAUD) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy TrueAUD, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (TAUD).
Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on LUNC.
Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Terra Luna Classic and how the token will perform in the future.
How to buy Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (LUNC).
How to buy STEPN Green Satoshi Token on Solana (GST-SOL) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy STEPN Green Satoshi Token on Solana, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GST-SOL).
How to buy STEPN (GMT) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy STEPN, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GMT).
How to buy The Sandbox (SAND) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy The Sandbox, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (SAND).
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Shiba Inu and how the token will perform in the future.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Shiba Inu, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SHIB.
Sell Litecoin in 4 steps
Finding the right way to sell Litecoin is just as important as finding the right option to buy it. In this guide, we break down the options available and the factors to consider.
Get into cryptocurrency
Ask an Expert