Where to buy Enigma (ENG) in Australia
What is Enigma and how does it work?
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Enigma (ENG) is a highly specialised cryptocurrency. The main purpose of the Enigma system is to allow for the analysing and computation of data without that data actually being revealed. For example, if a group of people wanted to work out their average salaries and their exact place in the hierarchy without anyone actually disclosing their individual salaries.
There are two main parts to Enigma.
- The main Enigma ecosystem – Does the above.
- Enigma Catalyst – Is a holding platform that lets developers tap into Enigma’s data marketplace and the main home of the Enigma token.
Note: Enigma ENG is not to be confused with Enigma (XNG). This article is about Enigma ENG.
Where to buy Enigma (ENG)
Quick guide: How to buy ENG
- Register for an account with a cryptocurrency exchange like Swyftx.
- Verify your account.
- Go to the deposits section
- Select your preferred payment method and confirm.
- Go to the buy section and select the cryptocurrency you want to buy.
- Enter how much you want to buy, or how much you want to spend.
- Double check the details and confirm your purchase.
This is our quick guide to just one way to buy ENG. Compare some other options in the table below.
How does Enigma work?
Enigma and Enigma Catalyst are separate but related projects run by the same team.
This is the initial project. It was created for the purposes of letting people run computations on data while keeping the data itself secure and private.
It’s a very specialised function, but with more application than there might initially seem. For example:
- Two businesses want to enter into a partnership and make informed decisions on how best to divide their resources, but don’t want to actually disclose any sensitive commercial information.
- Analysing and studying medical data without the usual risks of accessing and storing confidential information.
- Reducing the chances of corruption, data misuse or growing inequality while facilitating research with sensitive information.
- Letting individuals sell their own sensitive personal information with the confidence of knowing that it’s going to remain private, but can still be used.
- Allowing for a large pool of data for machine learning without the costs and problems associated with accessing confidential information on a large scale.
- Allowing Enigma to become a secure and decentralised data marketplace.
Enigma aims to combine on-chain and off-chain systems to allow for more efficiency. Data is communicated and secured over the blockchain, while computations take place on Enigma’s off-chain system and remaining secured via the blockchain.
It’s intended to be able to connect with existing blockchains and then offload to the off-chain system for processing.
This allows for complex and intensive computations, a wealth of information taken from other blockchains and uncompromising security and reliability.
This will be wrapped up with functionality for developers to create their own decentralised applications to make full use of this data, without any trusted third parties.
Catalyst is an algorithmic trading tool for cryptocurrency exchanges designed to tap into the Enigma data marketplace.
It’s meant to let developers more quickly and easily create their own machine learning trade-bots for cryptocurrency exchanges, with a large pool of data at their disposal.
The ENG token is the main currency of the Catalyst system used to access these opportunities.
More guides on Finder
Thorchain (RUNE): How it works and where to buy it
Learn more about the RUNE cryptocurrency with this beginner’s and buyer’s guide.
Cryptocurrency trends in 2020: From DeFi to COVID crisis
SPONSORED: What are the trends that look set to define cryptocurrency in 2020?
What is DeFi? Beginner’s guide to decentralised finance
Confused about DeFi? Find out how it works in this easy-to-read guide.
Apple shifts to “Apple Silicon”, but does that mean you should hold off buying new Macs?
Is now a bad time to buy a new Mac, and what else did Apple announce at its WWDC 2020 keynote?
Beginner’s guide to cryptocurrency tax in Australia
A beginner’s guide to your cryptocurrency tax obligations and how the ATO is targeting digital currency holdings in 2019.
Where to bulk buy surgical masks online in Australia
Bulk buying surgical masks can save you time and money. If you're interested, this is what you need to know about buying online in Australia.
How to buy bitcoin without ID in Australia
If you want to buy cryptocurrency without ID in Australia, find out everything you need to know in this guide on how to buy bitcoin anonymously.
Synthetix (SNX) cryptocurrency guide
Learn more about Synthetix, including how it works and where to buy it.
Hedera Hashgraph (HBAR): Complete guide
Learn more about Hedera Hashgraph and how to buy HBAR in this guide.
How to change super funds
Here’s what you need to know about changing super funds including how to do it, the fees that apply, how long it takes and the pros and cons of switching.
Latest crypto guides
Ask an Expert