How to buy Curve DAO Token (CRV)
A beginner's guide to buying and selling CRV in Australia.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy Curve DAO Token
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Curve DAO Token.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports CRV.
Most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Curve DAO Token.
- Buy Curve DAO Token.
Complete your Curve DAO Token purchase and then find the best wallet to store CRV.
What is Curve DAO Token?
Curve Finance is a decentralised exchange (DEX) that allows for the seamless exchange of various ERC-20 based stablecoins. It is designed atop the Ethereum blockchain and in order to use the ecosystem, all one has to do is own an Ether wallet that has some funds in it. The platform offers low transaction charges while seeking to minimise any slippage issues. The native cryptocurrency of the Curve ecosystem is CRV. It serves as the utility token of Curve DAO, the decentralised autonomous organisation (DAO) responsible for governing and operating the protocol. As things stand, CRV tokens are doled out to liquidity providers in return for their capital. Lastly, the rate at which these tokens are distributed decreases per annum.
Curve DAO Token (CRV) is the 110th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $1,049,362,242. The current price of Curve DAO Token is $3.767, which is -3.514% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $4.246 and $3.599 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in AUD and accurate as of 22 April, 2021 08:04 UTC.
Where to buy Curve DAO TokenFind an exchange to buy, sell and trade CRV by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Curve DAO Token at a glance
|Total CRV supply||1,482,551,132|
|All time high||AUD$69.916|
|All time high date||14 August, 2020|
Curve DAO Token price performance over time
How to sell Curve DAO Token
You can cash out your CRV with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have CRV on.
If you store your Curve DAO Token in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of CRV you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Curve DAO Token.
What to consider when buying Curve DAO Token
- Low slippage: Thanks to its design and deep liquidity, Curve is able to execute voluminous stablecoin transactions — i.e. buy/sells — while offering low slippage rates. Slippage essentially refers to an event where a market order is executed at a rate different than the one at which the order was initially placed. It usually occurs at times when market volatility is high.
- Non-custodial design: The platform is able to facilitate stablecoin swaps in a manner that is totally non-custodial in nature. What this means is that there are no middlemen involved in the transaction and all one needs in order to make use of the protocol is an Ether wallet and a stable Internet connection.
- Passive income opportunities: Much like many of the other DeFi platforms available in the market today, Curve also allows its users to earn a steady annual percentage yield (APY) on their supplied assets.
Latest crypto guides
Ask an Expert