How to buy Convex CRV (CVXCRV) in Australia
Learn how to buy Convex CRV (CVXCRV) easily by following a step-by-step guide and comparing 10+ crypto exchanges.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Where to buy Convex CRV in Australia
Unfortunately, at this time no major exchanges in Australia offer this coin. However, you may be able to purchase it with another cryptocurrency, just be sure you're following all legal restrictions and requirements.
Consider buying a different cryptocurrency after comparing popular exchanges.
It looks like CVXCRV may not be available to purchase on an exchange in Australia.
You can still purchase CVXCRV by using a decentralised exchange (DEX) instead. Decentralised exchanges are web applications that run on blockchains like Ethereum and allow users to trade any asset directly with one another.
Decentralised exchanges (DEX) are unregulated and run using autonomous pieces of code known as smart contracts. To use a DEX you must interact with the blockchain directly, which is not recommended for novice users. Please learn about decentralised exchanges first if you're unfamiliar.
How to purchase CVXCRV using a decentralised exchange.
- Find CVXCRV on a decentralised exchange and make sure Convex CRV can be traded for ETH which is the native asset of Ethereum. Popular DEXs include Uniswap, SushiSwap and 1INCH.
- Buy ETH to trade for CVXCRV using an exchange like . You will need to purchase enough ETH to swap for CVXCRV as well as ETH to pay for transaction fees on the Ethereum network (known as gas). You can use a service like Etherscan to get an idea of how much gas fees currently cost.
- Transfer the ETH into a web 3.0 wallet like MetaMask to connect to the DEX.
- Trade ETH for CVXCRV on the DEX of your choice, following the instructions on screen. Make sure to leave enough ETH in your wallet to pay for gas.
- Wait for the transaction to finalise and the CVXCRV tokens will arrive in your wallet.
- You may now keep the tokens in your web 3.0 wallet or transfer them somewhere more secure like a hardware wallet.
You can follow the same process when you want to sell your tokens, or come back to this page to see if they can now be traded on an exchange in Australia.
What to consider when buying Convex CRV
cvxCRV is a token unique to the Convex Finance ecosystem. While providing higher rewards for CRV token holders, the aspects of the token should be fully understood. Here are a few key factors to consider:
- Simple yet effective reward system: When receiving rewards from cvxCRV tokens, users are given the option of not only receiving trading fees but also a sizable chunk of the boosted CRV tokens that are otherwise distributed among the platform’s liquidity providers. This set-up establishes a balanced reward distribution system and allows for better capital efficiency within the ecosystem.
- Low-fee environment:As per Convex’s website, the Convex ecosystem levies no withdrawal fees on its patrons and charges a minimal performance fee rate – the latter being used to cover the system’s internal gas costs for rewarding CVX stakers.
- Exchanging CRV to cvxCRV:cvxCRV is minted at a ratio of 1:1 with CRV tokens that are locked within the platform. Users can then stake cvxCRV for higher rewards. However, it is important to note that once CRV has been staked in the Convex Finance protocol and exchanged for cvxCRV, the operation cannot be reversed. cvxCRV cannot be swapped back to CRV.
How to sell Convex CRV
You can cash out your CVXCRV with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have CVXCRV on.
If you store your Convex CRV in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of CVXCRV you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Convex CRV.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Convex CRV, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of CVXCRV is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Convex CRV or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Green Satoshi Token (GST) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Green Satoshi Token, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GST).
How to buy STEPN (GMT) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy STEPN, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GMT).
How to buy The Sandbox (SAND) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy The Sandbox, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (SAND).
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Shiba Inu and how the token will perform in the future.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Shiba Inu, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SHIB.
Sell Litecoin in 4 steps
Finding the right way to sell Litecoin is just as important as finding the right option to buy it. In this guide, we break down the options available and the factors to consider.
TrueAUD (TAUD) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on TrueAUD and how the token will perform in the future.
ApeCoin (APE) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on ApeCoin and how the token will perform in the future.
ADAPad (ADAPAD) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on ADAPad and how the token will perform in the future.
Paribus (PBX) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Paribus and how the token will perform in the future.
Get into cryptocurrency
Ask an Expert