How to buy CoinMetro (XCM) in Australia
A beginner's guide to buying and selling XCM in Australia.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy CoinMetro
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying CoinMetro.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports XCM.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy CoinMetro.
- Buy CoinMetro.
Complete your CoinMetro purchase and then find the best wallet to store XCM.
What is CoinMetro?
CoinMetro is a blockchain exchange that offers a gateway for easy cryptocurrency access. While many exchanges – and financial tech in general – have difficult learning curves, CoinMetro aims to simplify the crypto purchasing process. According to the website, the platform prides itself on being the digital asset solution for "beginners and pros", with enough features to satisfy any investor. CoinMetro offers its entry-level users intuitive buying and selling options for major cryptocurrencies. Users can also perform crypto-to-crypto trades, participate in staking, view high-volume traders’ profiles (known as copy trading) and trade with margin. CoinMetro’s mission statement is simple: Ensure the customer’s experience is "nothing short of exemplary". XCM is the native token of the CoinMetro network and is responsible for its financial operation. Fees for margin and copy trading are collected in XCM, and the coins are also used to incentivise staking and affiliate programs.
CoinMetro (XCM) is the 461st largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $82,094,370. The current price of CoinMetro is $0.27106, which is 0.009% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $0.271471 and $0.243832 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of September 20, 2021 08:09 UTC.
Where to buy
Unfortunately, at this time no major exchanges offer this coin. However, you may be able to purchase it with another cryptocurrency, just be sure you're following all legal restrictions and requirements.
Consider buying a different cryptocurrency after comparing popular exchanges.
CoinMetro at a glance
|Total XCM supply||330,000,000|
CoinMetro price performance over time
How to sell CoinMetro
You can cash out your XCM with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have XCM on.
If you store your CoinMetro in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of XCM you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of CoinMetro.
What to consider when buying CoinMetroPrior to making any investment decision, it’s always a good idea to perform due diligence. Here are a few things to consider before buying XCM:
- Competition. While CoinMetro’s goal to be perfect for beginners and professionals is appealing, they are not the first exchange to claim this. They are in direct competition with a lot of other platforms, and, according to the coin aggregator CoinMarketCap, currently rank outside the top 100 exchanges based on 24h volume.
- Active use case. Although the CoinMetro exchange is geared towards beginners, the purchase of the XCM token may not be ideal as a "set and forget" cryptocurrency investment. The token is best used actively, whether for diminishing fees, margin trading, or earning interest via staking.
- Centralisation. One of cryptocurrency’s key goals is financial decentralisation, yet many of the popular exchanges are centralised. CoinMetro is no exception. The XCM token has no bearing on governance and the development of the platform. Investors are unable to influence the direction of CoinMetro, which is common in the decentralised finance space.