How to buy Celsius Network (CEL) in Australia
Learn how to buy Celsius Network (CEL) on 8+ crypto exchanges in our step-by-step guide.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
You can buy Celsius Network (CEL) on a cryptocurrency exchange like FTX. These specialised marketplaces that allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, and work similar to stock trading platforms. Celsius is a cryptocurrency lending platform that allows users to earn interest on their cryptocurrency holdings, or borrow fiat money like dollars or stablecoins by depositing their crypto as collateral. Here's how to buy Celsius Network.
How to buy Celsius Network in 4 easy steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
- Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy Celsius Network is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
- Create an account To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
- Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – bank transfer, cryptocurrency, wire transfer and payid payments are widely accepted.
- Buy Celsius Network You can now exchange your funds for Celsius Network. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Celsius Network to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Celsius Network in Australia
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade CEL by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How do I find the best places to buy Celsius Network?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in Australia to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Celsius Network?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Celsius Network.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing CEL with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
Where can I buy Celsius Network with a credit or debit card?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy CEL with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are popular deposit methods to buy CEL on the following exchanges:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase CEL by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for CEL on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Celsius Network?
The easiest way to buy CEL is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying CEL, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our Analysis tools to get an idea of how the price of Celsius Network has been performing recently.
Best Celsius Network wallets to store your CEL
You can keep your CEL on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Recent Celsius Network developments
December 2021: Celsius has integrated the proof-of-stake blockchain Tezos into its earning platform.
December 2021: A new website focused on tracking Celsius updates and news, https://CelsiusCow.com was launched by The Digerati Premium.
Is Celsius Network a good investment?The CEL token is used as part of a real-world business, which means you need to consider the risks associated with the underlying product as well as with cryptocurrencies in general.
- Customer or speculator?: If you plan to use the token on the platform, then you need to keep a few things in mind. In particular, you may want to calculate the amount of tokens you will need to receive discounts and bonuses, whether you are going to pay fees for using the token and what is required to earn additional tokens.
- Legal: Celsius is based in the US where cryptocurrency regulation is still ongoing and something of a grey area currently. As such, any crypto-related businesses may face challenges in the future depending on how the regulatory environment unfolds.
- Competitors: The crypto-lending space is becoming an increasingly popular field, with rival CeFi platforms such as Nexo, Crypto.com and BlockFi all having a strong presence in the space.
- Tokenomics: When assessing whether a token is a good long-term hold, you should consider what the token is used for, whether tokens are burnt when used (destroyed) and how new tokens are distributed. Keep in mind that Celsius users are rewarded with new tokens for using the platform, which will inflate the supply over time. On the flip side, users are motivated to hold a certain number of tokens for rewards, which may reduce availability in the open market.
Additional information about Celsius Network can be found using our CEL analysis tools.
Today's Celsius Network price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Celsius Network ($0.833424 USD) against its all-time-high price of $2018-12-07T00:00:00.000Z USD on 01 January 1970. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer CEL is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: December 07, 2018
Celsius Network ATH: $8.05 USD
How to trade, convert or sell Celsius NetworkYou can convert or sell your CEL with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have CEL on.
- If you store your Celsius Network in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of CEL you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Celsius Network.
- Complete your transaction and move your CEL to a wallet for storage.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Celsius Network, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of CEL is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Celsius Network or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy TrueAUD (TAUD) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy TrueAUD, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (TAUD).
Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on LUNC.
Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Terra Luna Classic and how the token will perform in the future.
How to buy Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (LUNC).
How to buy STEPN Green Satoshi Token on Solana (GST-SOL) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy STEPN Green Satoshi Token on Solana, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GST-SOL).
How to buy STEPN (GMT) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy STEPN, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GMT).
How to buy The Sandbox (SAND) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy The Sandbox, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (SAND).
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Shiba Inu and how the token will perform in the future.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Shiba Inu, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SHIB.
Sell Litecoin in 4 steps
Finding the right way to sell Litecoin is just as important as finding the right option to buy it. In this guide, we break down the options available and the factors to consider.
Get into cryptocurrency
Ask an Expert