How to buy Bao Finance (BAO) in Australia
Learn how to buy Bao Finance (BAO) easily by following a step-by-step guide and compare 10+ crypto exchanges.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy Bao Finance
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Bao Finance.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports BAO.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Bao Finance.
- Buy Bao Finance.
Complete your Bao Finance purchase and then find the best wallet to store BAO.
What is Bao Finance?
BAO is the blockchain-based governance token of BAO Finance, created exclusively for financial transactions. BAO Finance is a “second layer” protocol for synthetic assets built on top of Uniswap, SushiSwap or Balancer. It is known as L2 (Layer 2) DeFi because it adds its protocol features over a DeFi system. The main objective of BAO Finance is to create robust synthetic assets for any type of market. Users can generate synthetic assets by using their liquidity provider (LP) tokens from Uniswap, SushiSwap or Balancer and becoming a part of the BAO ecosystem. Additionally, the user also earns yields and fees by providing liquidity to the pools. The BAO token is backed by an insurance fund where all the BAO fees are accumulated. By staking their LP tokens as collateral, users can also earn BAO tokens that can be used to create more synthetic assets, which can then be used to invest in other assets.
Bao Finance (BAO) is the 803rd largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $36,594,014. The current price of Bao Finance is $0.00049876, which is -3.048% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $0.00051845 and $0.00049479 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of December 03, 2021 03:12 UTC.
Where to buy Bao Finance
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade BAO by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Is it a good time to buy Bao Finance?
The technical analysis gauge for Bao Finance displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation to buy, sell or trade. It represents a technical analysis of Bao Finance based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
This chart is not advice or a guarantee of success. Rather, it gauges the real-time recommendations of three popular technical indicators based on the performance of Bao Finance: moving averages, oscillators and pivots. Finder is not responsible for how BAO performs.
Bao Finance at a glance
|Total BAO supply||943,684,413,106|
|All time high||US$0.00317406|
Bao Finance price performance over time
How to sell Bao Finance
You can cash out your BAO with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have BAO on.
If you store your Bao Finance in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of BAO you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Bao Finance.
What to consider when buying Bao FinanceBelow are the aspects you should consider before investing in BAO:
- Pending Bao: This refers to the pending balance that will only be minted when the user harvests it. In the event of a change in the derivative contract impacting the calculation of BAO, if the pending balance is not harvested, it can no longer be claimed.
- Tokenomics: At present, users earn 5% of the BAO upfront and 95% of the token is locked into a 3-year vesting period with a 1-year cliff. This means 1 year after receiving the earnings upfront, the remaining BAO balance is evenly distributed daily to users for 3 years. This lock-in period protects the token from the risk of being dumped or being incentivised for short-term gains. However, if your objective is short-term farming, this may not work for you.
- Governance: The BAO token provides the users with the right to vote and participate in several decisions related to the ecosystem, including reward rates, founder rewards, changing or removing fees, changing supported pools and allocations or removing BaoMan (the founder) from his elected position as an administrator.
- Fees and behaviour penalties: Users pay a 0.75% deposit fee while depositing their liquidity provider (LP) tokens. However, in the event of withdrawal, the user is charged a fee ranging from 0.1-8% based on the amount of time they have been in the pool. If the user withdraws within the same block, a slashing fee as high as 25% is charged to mitigate any flash-loan attacks.
Bao Finance (BAO) in the news
Deadmau5 and Portugal The Man release single as 1M NFTs in bid to go platinum
5 Metaverse Coins Gaining the Most Price Today (December 3rd)
TA: Bitcoin Close Below $56K Could Spark A Larger Decline
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Bao Finance, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of BAO is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Bao Finance or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
25 unmissable eBay deals from the ‘Black Friday’ weekend
Deal alert: Get up to 76% off at eBay Australia this Saturday with the latest and greatest Black Friday weekend deals.
Black ‘Friday’ JD Sports deals: Up to 50% off this Saturday
JD Sports' top Black Friday weekend deals include over $100 off Nike, Reebok and Adidas shoes and apparel.
Saturday update: Freedom’s hottest Black Friday furniture deals
Update your space with these bargain-worthy Freedom home finds including furniture, wall art, mirrors and more.
The Best Black Friday tech deals in Australia
Black Friday has landed, which means its time to get a deal on some fancy tech, from phones and headphones to laptops and cameras.
Cyber Weekend Christmas shopping deals for kids and teens: Get 60% off
Black Friday's best Christmas shopping deals for kids include Lego for 40% off, 38% off Beyblade, LEGO bargains galore and big Bluey discounts
7 steps to building your passive income
Setting a goal of making $200k per year passive income may seem all but unattainable, but investing experts Scott & Mina O'Neill say it's possible.
A-League fans! Here are 10 (more) reasons to get Paramount Plus
Come for the football, stay for the quality original TV.
Ethereum price gains 10% in a week – here’s why that could continue
In spite of the recent crash which saw nearly AU $400 billion being wiped out from the market, ETH has been able to register monthly gains of over 6%.
Crypto markets dive, but Bitcoin’s price remains resilient – here’s why that could change
Over the course of the last 14 days, Bitcoin has registered losses of over 16%.
The Best iPhone Black Friday deals in Australia: Save $300+ on an iPhone
Top Black Friday iPhone deals include 26% off the iPhone 12 Mini at The Good Guys and cut-price refurbished models at Amazon and eBay.
Get into cryptocurrency
Ask an Expert