How to buy Atari (ATRI) in Australia
Learn how to buy Atari (ATRI) in our step-by-step guide.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
You can buy Atari (ATRI) on a cryptocurrency exchange like Hotbit. These specialised marketplaces that allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, and work similar to stock trading platforms. Atari (ATRI) is the token of the famous video game company that produced classics like Asteroids and Pong. Here's how to buy Atari.
How to buy Atari in 4 easy steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
- Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy Atari is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
- Create an account To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
- Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency and epay payments are widely accepted.
- Buy Atari You can now exchange your funds for Atari. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Atari to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Atari in Australia
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade ATRI by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How do I find the best places to buy Atari?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in Australia to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Atari?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Atari.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing ATRI with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
Where can I buy Atari with a credit or debit card?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy ATRI with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are popular deposit methods to buy ATRI on the following exchanges:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase ATRI by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for ATRI on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Atari?
The easiest way to buy ATRI is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying ATRI, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our Analysis tools to get an idea of how the price of Atari has been performing recently.
Best Atari wallets to store your ATRI
You can keep your ATRI on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Is Atari a good investment?When deciding to invest in a cryptocurrency, it’s important to consider the coin and its platform’s potential upside and deterrents:
- Muddled thinking. It is not clear that Atari has come up with any successful use cases for its token to date. The ATRI token whitepaper, released in August 2020, said its first major use case was “a crypto-casino, offering players the possibility to gamble with crypto-currencies” and later press releases said the casino would feature Atari NFTs which players could use to earn Ethereum. But in early July 2021, Atari Casino was scrapped, with the company taking a $6m loss on the failed project.
- Pre-sale. While ATRI has been available to the public since October 2020, 10% of the supply was sold to private investors in 3 pre-sale portions in April, September and October 2020. 25% of the total supply of ATRI has been held back for founders, 20% is locked in an ecosystem development fund due to be released over the next 3 years, and 30% is due to be released at some unspecified point in the future in response to network growth and demand rates. With only 10% of the circulating supply being made available to the public, ATRI may be difficult to trade.
- Direct link to Atari. Atari as a company has seen better days. Its share price has declined from an all-time high of more than 10 euros per share to less than 0.5 euros today. Despite being a pioneer in gaming, sales have slowed in recent years and it has been overtaken by much newer entrants and online gaming platforms like Xbox Live, PlayStation and Google Stadia. If Atari share price continues to decline, it is likely to affect the price of ATRI, too. If their games sell well, there will be a larger audience for ATRI tokens in future and, therefore, more demand. If games sell poorly, then demand could dry up.
Additional information about Atari can be found using our ATRI analysis tools.
Today's Atari price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Atari ($0.00297589 USD) against its all-time-high price of $0.781174 USD on 04 May 2021. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer ATRI is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: May 04, 2021
Atari ATH: $0.781174 USD
How to trade, convert or sell AtariYou can convert or sell your ATRI with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have ATRI on.
- If you store your Atari in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of ATRI you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Atari.
- Complete your transaction and move your ATRI to a wallet for storage.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Atari, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of ATRI is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Atari or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on LUNC.
Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Terra Luna Classic and how the token will perform in the future.
How to buy Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (LUNC).
How to buy STEPN Green Satoshi Token on Solana (GST-SOL) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy STEPN Green Satoshi Token on Solana, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GST-SOL).
How to buy STEPN (GMT) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy STEPN, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GMT).
How to buy The Sandbox (SAND) in Australia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy The Sandbox, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (SAND).
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Shiba Inu and how the token will perform in the future.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Shiba Inu, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SHIB.
Sell Litecoin in 4 steps
Finding the right way to sell Litecoin is just as important as finding the right option to buy it. In this guide, we break down the options available and the factors to consider.
TrueAUD (TAUD) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on TrueAUD and how the token will perform in the future.
Get into cryptocurrency
Ask an Expert