Where to buy, sell and exchange Bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
How to buy Asch (XAS)
Asch is an efficient and flexible decentralised application platform designed to lower the barrier to entry for blockchain developers.
The price of Asch grew by around 179% between the end of November 2017 and the middle of January 2018. During that same time, its market cap grew from US$48 million to almost US$137 million.
Asch is becoming easier to obtain and can be found on many popular cryptocurrency exchange platforms. There are a few popular coin exchanges where investors can buy XAS, most notably Kucoin.
Where to buy XAS
A step-by-step guide to buying XAS
Now that you know where to buy XAS, here’s one way you can buy it:
Step 1. Buy cryptocurrency on an exchange platform that allows you to use fiat currency
Because Kucoin doesn’t accept fiat currencies, users must purchase Asch with previously purchased cryptocurrencies. If you don’t currently have any BTC or ETH, you can followour guide here for more details. Once you’ve done that, come back to follow Step 2.
Step 2. Go to Kucoin
You can now go to Kucoin, sign up for a new account, and verify your email address.
Next, click “assets” and then click “deposit”. A list of supported cryptocurrencies to choose from appears on the screen. At this point you should select a cryptocurrency which you have previously purchased on another exchange platform. Once you have done this, an address will pop up on the screen. Copy the address.
Step 3. Go back to original exchange site
Go back to the exchange platform where you originally purchased BTC or ETH. Paste the address from Kucoin and transfer your coins.
Step 4. Go back to the Kucoin site and wait to receive Asch in your Kucoin account.
Which wallets can I use to hold XAS?
Currently, Asch is only supported by its own wallet. You can sign up here.
How Asch works
Asch’s core team is based in Beijing. Little information is provided about the project’s team members. As of January 2018 there were an estimated 11 team members in total. Seven of the team members are developers.
The Asch platform includes a public chain and a set of application SDKs.
Real world applications for XAS
Asch is more than just a standalone cryptocurrency. It was designed as a platform. Here are the three main uses for the Asch platform:
1. Developers can use Asch as an easier way to launch their own DApps.
2. Enterprises can use it as a simpler way to create a blockchain project. Blockchains can be pegged into the main chain of the Asch platform or even the blockchain of bitcoin.
3. Normal users can download and use DApps from Asch’s built-in app store, which is similar to current smartphone app stores.
What to consider when buying Asch
- Mobile wallet V1.1 was only recently released. It supports multi-account, multi-asset and Asch platform DApps in both Android and iOS platforms. While this does boost Asch’s chances of adaptability, integration with other digital wallets will be necessary for Asch to reach more people.
- Asch offers a compelling sidechain technology, which makes its blockchain more scalable and makes DApp development more customisable for developers.
- There are currently a lot of other cryptocurrency projects competing with Asch to be the top platform for blockchain developers, ETH and NEO being two of the most well known. If Asch is to compete with other platforms it will need to continue to innovate.
Latest crypto guides
Ask an Expert